From Athens: Private Day Trip to Meteora8 Reviews
Enjoy a full day tour to one of most sacred places in Greece. See were 300 Spartans fought the Persians and admire the giant rocks that were made millions of years before. Visit 3 Monasteries and see how they built centuries before on high giant rocks.
- See the battlefield were 300 Spartans fight the Persians
- Visit 3 Monasteries and see the view from giant rocks
- Discover the picturesque village of Kastraki
- Feel the harmony of the Monasteries surrounded by nature
DescriptionTake a tour to one of most famous and sacred places in Greece, where for centuries Orthodox Monasteries are standing in harmony on giant rocks that were made millions of years before! Passing by the mainland of Greece, arrive at Meteora where you will visit 3 Monasteries. The name of the Monasteries is Varlaam, Megalo Meteoro and St.Stephen. You can also decide to visit a different Monastery. The Monasteries are built on high giant rocks and they offer plenty of breathtaking photos and you will have plenty of time to explore it. After, visit Kastraki village for shopping and lunch. On your way back to Athens, stop at Thermopylae, where one of most epic battles of all times took place. 300 Spartans faced the Persian army and stopped them for 2 days. See the battlefield and the statue of King Leonidas.
IncludesPick-up/drop off to your hotel All road tolls Cold water English speaking driver/guide Wi-Fi Mobile phone Lunch Entrance fees Licensed guide
- Ticket to each Monastery costs €3.
- Please note that Monasteries will provide skirts and scarfs for women in order to get inside
- Pictures inside Monastery rooms are not allowed
- Please note that the amount of climbing may make this tour unsuitable for the elderly. It is advised to wear athletic shoes
- Starting time is between 06:00 AM - 08:00 AM
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability