My Guide Website?
From Cruise Port: Athens City, Acropolis & Acropolis Museum2 Reviews
Enjoy a city tour accompanied by a thorough visit to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum.
- Enjoy views of the Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, Dionysus Theater and Sanctuary, Changing of the Guards, Greek Parliament and National Gardens
- Cover all the main attractions and feel the pulse of the city
- Benefit from skip-the-line service
DescriptionThis is an ideal combo tour to see the city center sights in just a few hours. At the Acropolis of Athens, you’ll explore the graceful and enduring Parthenon which is one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. Then, you’ll dive deeper into its worldly significance at the Acropolis Museum where marble masterpieces from the Acropolis tell a compelling story on their own. The tour starts at the Syntagma metro station for a brief look at the ancient artifacts displayed at the metro’s museum. You’ll also see the Greek Parliament, the Monument of the Unknown Soldier, and watch the Changing of the Guards. Next, your guide will walk you through the National Gardens, Zappeion Hall, the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. From there you will walk towards the Acropolis through the beautiful pedestrian walkway of Dionysiou Areopagitou. Then you'll benefit from skip-the-line entry into the Acropolis, encountering many monuments as you go through and enjoying panoramic views of the city, perfect for photos. Afterwards you'll have the chance to get a snack or a drink before the guided tour starts at the museum. Designed by renowned Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi and notable Greek architect Michalis Photiadis, the Acropolis Museum captivates guests on approach. Its seamless modern lines elegantly incorporate artifacts exclusively from the Acropolis, and excavations are also visible under glass floors and walkways. The marbled surviving treasures are impressively displayed with the use of natural light, situated on a modernist open layout.
IncludesRound-trip transfer from the port of Piraeus Acropolis guided tour Acropolis Museum guided tour Professional licensed tour guide Athens Guide magazine Athens map
- The tour takes place rain or shine
- Those under 18 years old get free entry on presentation of valid ID. Students are entitled to a discount on presentation of valid ID
- Entrance fees cost about €38 from April till October per adult 25+ (€10 for the Museum and €20 for Acropolis and €8 for Zeus Temple) and €19 per adult from November to March
- EU Citizens between 6-24 years of age and infants between 0-5 years of age are entitled to free entrance upon showing a valid ID or passport
- Non-EU Citizens between 6-24 years of age and EU citizens 65+ are entitled to half entrance to the sites upon showing a valid ID or passport