My Guide Website?
Historic Athens: Small Group Electric Bike Tour276 Reviews
Bring the whole family along for an eclectic mix of modern and ancient sights on an electric bike tour of Athens. Enjoy amazing views from Pnyka and Filopappos Hill, and glide down the picturesque streets of Plaka.
- Explore the ancient sights of Athens by electric bike
- Enjoy panoramic views from Pnyka and Filoppapos Hill
- Glide down the narrow streets of Plaka
- Go to the ruins of the Odeon of Herodes Atticus and the Areios Pagos
- Discover the site of the very first Olympic Games
DescriptionEmbark on an electric bike tour of Athens that combines the city’s ancient and modern sites, and enjoy panoramic views, picturesque streets, and well-known archeological sights along the way. Following a short briefing and test ride at the centrally located meeting point, cruise through a park to familiarize yourself with the bike before the start of your tour proper. Glide effortlessly up the hill to Pnyka and Filoppappou, where there will be time to admire the views and take panoramic photos. Go to see the Odeon of Herodes Atticus and the Areios Pagos (Supreme Court) on the slopes of the Acropolis, before heading to the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. Along the way, discover some of the city’s more modern monuments, and look at the Evzones (guards) standing in front of the Parliament building in their colorful tunics. Travel through the National Gardens to arrive at the Panathenaic Stadium, the site of the very 1st Olympic Games. Then, cycle back through the narrow streets of Plaka to discover a picturesque neighborhood just steps from the Acropolis. Stop to look at the Tower of Winds and discover the Roman and ancient markets, before heading back.
IncludesElectric bike rental Helmet Guide Bottled water
- Please note that children aged 4-11 years old don't get their own bike but ride along on the same bike with their parent (tag-along or seat)
- You need to be able to navigate through pedestrians at some parts of the tour
- You are strongly advised to wear comfortable shoes and clothes, no wide trousers or long skirts
- Multiple languages may be spoken by the tour leader