My Guide Website?
Hydra Island Private tour from Athens with your own guide1 Reviews
This is an alternative non-touristy approach, to the “3-island cruise” of the Aegina, Poros & Hydra islands. This experience will allow you to spend enough time exploring only the BEST island. Hydra!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Athens: 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- From Athens: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina Day Cruise with Lunch
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- We explore the island (on foot) like locals and follow the best route.
- Eat like a local at busy restaurants but with top quality!
- A real private tour with a local by your side. This makes all the difference!
- Limitless locations to take amazing pictures.
- Enjoy some Greek coffee and/or ice-cream while you people and boat-watch.
DescriptionWhy this tour? This is a trip to a “real Greek” island. Board the commercial passenger speedboat with your guide and arrive at Hydra Island within two hours, enjoying the amazing blue of the Saronic Gulf. Hydra is one of our bases and hometowns so we are the locals! Hydra is a trendy and cosmopolitan island that at the same time maintains its magic and peacefulness due to the all-year-round presence of the locals and the absence of any kind of vehicle! A tour for those looking for a different approach to the popular but extremely touristy “3 island cruise” to Aegina, Poros, and Hydra islands. It will allow you to spend your time on the “important” island instead of 90% sailing with very limited time on each island. On Hydra, everything inspires tranquillity, relaxation, and a gentle way of life. It is not surprising that artists from all over the world find inspiration in the atmosphere of Hydra. It is THE most exclusive and romantic island in the Saronic Gulf. A true pearl unique by its scenery. A “car-free” island means that no vehicles [at all] are allowed. The only means of transportation are the cute island donkeys & mules. Boats, and on foot is our suggestion! We start from the center of Athens and your hotel. It is a short drive to Piraeus port to board the commercial high-speed boat pickup that will take us to Hydra island within (approximately) two hours and usually via Poros island (quick stop & photos) pass by too. The great views from within the fast passenger boat trip will allow you to see many small and bigger islands of the Saronic Gulf surrounded by the amazing and hard-to-believe blue water. Hydra Island is a great relaxing but cosmopolitan alternative to the craziness of Mykonos and Santorini! The hiding place of many recent celebrities but also from the past including Jacky Kennedy & Onassis, John Lennon, Maria Kalas, Sophia Loren, and many more. Depending on your pace, energy, and available time, you will explore Hydra’s Highlights such as : ☼ Statue of A.Miaoulis ☼ Merchant Marine Academy ☼ Monastery of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. ☼ Walk from Hydra port along the coastline to Kaminia port and back to Hydra town/port around the back streets. ☼ The Lazaros Kountouriotis Museum. ☼ Square of the Five Hydriot Prime Ministers & Rafalias Pharmacy. ☼ Sophia Loren’s windmill. There are limitless places next to the water for enjoying lunch, drinks, coffee, and/or dessert before we ride the boat to return to Piraeus port and then to your Athens accommodation. The tour is operated with our private cars/minivans for your transfer from Athens to the port. We then use a commercial speed boat to travel to the island and back for which we pre-book your tickets to secure seats (you pay for these tickets on the day of the tour).
IncludesA real private tour. Not a 'small group tour' often baptized 'private'. Private local tour guide with whom you will explore the cosmopolitan Hydra island on an amazing walking tour. Hotel or cruise ship or Airbnb pickup and drop-off. Brand new (2020-23) non-smoking vehicles & tour leaders. We do not compromise the quality of the tour whatsoever. In-car bottled water & Information booklet with all the tour details. Each person is allowed one small carry-on bag. Our tour leaders' background is in archaeology, history, and hospitality. They also have a very good knowledge of the destinations you visit & overnight and also the local people. This will allow you to blend in with the local communities and feel very relaxed.
- Reading online our travel agency's Reviews will give you a very good idea of what you should expect and also help you understand what we truly have to offer. This tour is 100% private and very flexible in order to accommodate your needs. Friendly, punctual, professional, knowledgeable, attentive, treat you like family, off the beaten path, and blend in with the local communities, are some of the quotes made by our guests in their Reviews about our tour leaders and tours. After your booking, expect full communication at all times with all details, questions answered, pick-up location/time, etc.