My Guide Website?
Private Guided Tour: Athens, Acropolis and Acropolis Museum45 Reviews
Take the essential city tour of Athens with your own privately booked guide. See the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum, and plenty of other Athens highlights.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the House of Parliament with the tomb to the unknown soldier, where you will have the opportunity to see the changing of the guards
- Visit the Acropolis of Athens with all its monuments such as the Parthenon, the Propylaia, the Erechtheion, the Agrippa monument and the Nike Temple.
- Explore the Acropolis Museum
- Enjoy a private tour with a Professional Licensed Guide
DescriptionMeet with your expert licensed private guide in the heart of Athens, Syntagma Square, and start with a brief look at a lovely collection of archaeological findings dating from classical times and discovered during excavations in the area. Continue to the elegant House of Parliament to watch the Change of Guards by the famous Evzones, in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Walk through the cool and shady National Garden, the former Queen Amalia’s Garden and admire the neoclassical architecture of Zappeion Hall. Learn about the first Olympic Games of modern times and about prominent figures of Athens' recent history. Visit the Zeus Temple and Hadrian’s Arch from the Roman Era. Walk along the beautiful Dionysiou Areopagitou walkway until you reach the side entrance to the Acropolis. Continue to the Acropolis by entering the site from the south slope, to visit the first theater of antiquity, the Dionysus Theater and to avoid the crowds. On your way to the UNESCO-listed admirable Acropolis monuments, see the Philopappos hill monument and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus. Marvel at the ancient beautiful constructions of the Acropolis: the Temple of Athena Nike, the Propylaea gateway, the Erechtheion and focus on the astonishing Parthenon. Listen as your knowledgeable guide will provide you with plenty of information and uncover fascinating facts about the construction and history of the monuments. The unique, beautiful view of the city of Athens, including the Mars hill, the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Hephaestus, will capture your heart and mind. Enjoy time to explore and take pictures at the Acropolis after your Acropolis tour, before taking a short break for a snack or a drink. After having admired one of the most famous sites in the world, continue your tour to the Acropolis Museum. The New Acropolis Museum was designed by Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi in co-operation with the Greek architect Michalis Photiadis. Its unique design has incorporated the excavations which are visible under stunning glass floors. The Acropolis masterpieces are marked out and given the prominence they deserve through the ideal interior atmosphere conditions, the natural lighting, as well as easy visitor access, panoramic views and excellent layout of the exhibition areas. It exhibits about 4,000 artifacts.
IncludesLocal licensed guide
- You need to pay cash for your admission ticket at our check-in location just before the tour. We've secured tickets for your specified time. Opting for an independent ticket purchase (discouraged) requires 24-hour advance notice at email@example.com. Failing that, you will have to pay also the tickets we buy for you at the meeting point. Strict Acropolis entry times mean we can't wait for latecomers. No refunds will be give. All visitors undergo airport-style security; expect peak season waits up to 30+ minutes. Not suitable for mobility impairments, wheelchairs, or strollers. Cutoff times sync with Athens local time. Tours run rain or shine. Accurately select EU or NON-EU citizenship during booking. Incorrect choice may mean paying the price difference or tour forfeiture. Valid passport required for verification.