Private Guided Tour: Athens, Acropolis and Acropolis Museum6 Reviews
Take the essential city tour of Athens with your own privately booked guide! See the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum, as well as plenty of highlights of Athens.
- See the House of Parliament with the tomb to the unknown soldier, where you will have the opportunity to see the changing of the guards
- Visit the Acropolis of Athens with all its monuments such as the Parthenon, the Propylaia, the Erechtheion, the Agrippa monument and the Nike Temple.
- Explore the Acropolis Museum
- Enjoy a private tour with a Professional Licensed Guide
DescriptionMeet with your expert licensed private guide in the heart of Athens, Syntagma square and start with a brief look at a lovely collection of archaeological findings dating from classical times and discovered during excavations in the area. Continue to the elegant House of Parliament to watch the Change of Guards done by the famous Evzones, in front of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Walk through the cool and shady National Garden, the former Queen Amalia’s Garden and admire the neoclassical architecture of Zappeion Hall. Learn about the first Olympic Games of modern times and about prominent figures of Athens recent history. Visit the Zeus Temple and Hadrian’s Arch from the Roman Era. Walk along the beautiful Dionysiou Areopagitou walkway until you reach the side entrance to the Acropolis. Continue to the Acropolis by entering the site from the south slope, in order to visit the first theater of antiquity the Dionysus theater and to avoid the crowds. On your way to the Unesco-listed admirable Acropolis monuments, see the Philopappos hill monument and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus. Marvel the ancient beautiful constructions of the Acropolis: the Temple of Athena Nike, the Propylaea gateway, the Erechtheion and focus on the astonishing Parthenon. Your knowledgeable guide will provide you with plenty of information and uncover fascinating facts about the construction and history of the monuments. The unique, beautiful view of the city of Athens, including the Mars hill, the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Hephaestus, will capture your heart and mind, same as you will capture them on camera. Time for exploring and picture taking at the Acropolis will be provided after your Acropolis tour and also a short break for a snack or a drink. After having admired one of the most famous sites in the world you can continue your tour to the Acropolis Museum. The New Acropolis Museum was designed by Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi in co-operation with the Greek architect Michalis Photiadis. Its unique design has incorporated the excavations which are visible under stunning glass floors. The Acropolis masterpieces are marked out and given the prominence they deserve through the ideal interior atmosphere conditions, the natural lighting, as well as easy visitor access, panoramic views and excellent layout of the exhibition areas. It exhibits about 4,000 artifacts. The tour ends at the Acropolis Museum.
IncludesLocal licensed guide Entrance tickets Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and beverages Gratuities (optional)
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water (also available for purchase on the way). Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn. Entrance fees are not included. The Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus and the Acropolis Museum Tickets cost €31 for adults and €16 for students. The tour duration is 5,5 hours, which includes around 70 minutes of walking. The distance covered is around 2 miles, with many stops in shady corners. The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone. The tour is conducted in English (unless another language agreed). There are restrooms along the route.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now