Private Rib Cruise to Poseidon Temple at Sounio Cape2 Reviews
Make the most of your time in Athens with this private cruise to Poseidon Temple at Sounio Cape. Enjoy the sea and sun while you visit small uninhabited islands with crystal clear water. Spend some time at the temple and explore the ruins and the view.
- Have a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Let the local insiders take you where no one else will and discover the secret beauties of the sea world of Athens
- Enjoy plenty of personalized attention from the guide.The tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Combine sea and sun with ancient ruin exploration
DescriptionThe private round-trip tour starts with a pick-up in an air-conditioned minivan from your hotel in Athens to Lagonissi, where you'll board the rib boat. While your captain sails the boat, passing fast the stunning coast line of Attica, sit back and relax or simply soak up the sun. You will head to Arsida and Pothitos, Fleves or Patroklos - small uninhabited islands with remote sandy beaches, where you can swim, snorkel or just relax. At Arsida island you will have the chance to snorkel and swim at its cave. You will see the magnificent sea world of Athens, one of the safest seas in the world without dangerous marine life and strong currents. The crew holds a professional underwater camera and, if you wish you can have your memories recorded and given to you at the end of the tour, free of charge. A scuba dive or a 'discover scuba' program can be also arranged if you wish, at an extra cost. Complimentary snacks and fresh fruit are offered on-board. After enjoying the sun and the sea, you'll board the rib and head to Sounio and the Poseidon temple. There you will explore the ruins and admire the stunning views. Sounio is located on the southernmost tip of Attica, the end point of the Athenian Riviera, at a 69km distance from Athens. It is noted as the site of ruins of the ancient temple of Poseidon, the god of the sea in classical mythology. The remains are perched on the headland, surrounded on three sides by the sea. The ruins bear the deeply engraved name of English romantic poet Lord Byron. After the visit to the temple, you will head back to your hotel in the mini van.
IncludesRound-trip transfer from central Athens hotel Tour escort/host Local taxes Entrance fees to Poseidon temple Light refreshments, bottled water, snacks Snorkel equipment Lunch Gratuities (optional) Personal expenses
- Please bring towels and sun lotion. You may also need a light jacket (depending on the season)
- This cruise is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability