My Guide Website?
Athens: The Classic Food Tasting Tour74 Reviews
Taste the greatness of traditional greek cuisine by participating in a classic food tour through the historical city center of Athens. Taste more than 18 delicacies over a span of 3.5 hours.
- VIsit the oldest mpougatsa bakery and taste the most traditional mpougatsa with fyllo pastry and cheese or creme
- Experience goat milk ice cream made by a traditional greek recipe through an innovative way
- Seek the most iconic cookery and taste the most flavorful greek traditional foods
- Dive into cretan culture by participating into a food tasting round of cretan cheese, olives, rusks, olive oil, and of course raki
DescriptionFulfill your food-tasting desires on this food tour in Athens, specifically designed to offer you an unforgettable experience of some of the most original or traditional greek culinary treasures you will ever taste. Discover iconic greek delicacies in a food tour in the picturesque old districts of Athens. Start in Omonia by tasting refreshing Greek yoghurt and traditional pies and pastries. Take the opportunity to taste a fine Greek coffee from a local favorite, that manages to blend the old style with new fusion. Next, stroll the famous ''Varvakios'' food market, a vivid commercial point where you can buy a wide range of traditional mediterranean fresh goods such as meat, fish and all kinds of vegetables and fruit. From there, experience a colorful pallet of boutique products, like the world renowned cretan cheese, meat delicatessens. Taste olive oil and olives, traditional greek rusks and greek wine in a series of quaint and historic greek delis. Try the well-known ''koulouri'' sesame pastry and end your food tour in a fitting Greek way by getting to know perhaps the ''most Greek'' habit, the beloved mezze with tsipouro.. Take the tour that was designed for anyone who simply loves food.
IncludesExpert licensed guide Bottle of water All the food you taste during the tour
- Wear sunscreen and a hat
- Inform of any allergies and digestive disorders