My Guide Website?
Athens: Traditional Greek Food & Walking Tour2 Reviews
Discover traditional Athenian cuisine on a walking and food tour of some less-visited areas and hidden spots around the city. Sample some street food and savor two meals at local meze bars.
- Take in the scents, sights, and sounds of a busy Athenian market
- Enjoy some authentic Athenian food at a local meze bar
- Tour an Athenian neighborhood and stop to sample a variety of snacks
- Have a drink of homemade Greek wine straight from the barrel
- Stroll through the neighborhood's fish, meat, fruit, and spice markets
DescriptionBe welcomed to Athens by a couple of locals as they take you on a walking tour off the beaten path. Enjoy street food and two meals at some local meze bars. Walk the streets of Athens among the locals and see what life in the Greek capital is like. Learn about the city's food and culture from your guides. Visit the fish, meat, fruit, and spice markets and familiarize yourself with the ingredients that go into Athenian cuisine. Meet local traders and take in the market atmosphere. Sample some street food and enjoy tastings along the way before sitting down at a local meze bar. Enjoy two different meals and drink homemade wine fresh from the barrel. See Athens the way the locals see it on this walking tour and food tasting.
IncludesWalking tour Street food samples Two meals at a meze bar One glass of wine One shot of ouzo or rakia One cup of coffee
- The tour may be cancelled or rescheduled in the event of extreme rain