My Guide Website?
From Athens: Delpi and Meteora Private 2-day Historic Tour1 Reviews
Admire the Delphi archaeological site, museum, stadium, and the Oracle of Delphi. Experience nature’s grandeur in conjunction with history, and architecture at magnificent monasteries in Meteora.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Athens: 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- From Athens: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina Day Cruise with Lunch
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- Explore the vertical cliffs of Meteora and see its other rock formations
- Experience the ancient wonders of Delphi and see the famous Oracle
- Enjoy watching a fabulous sunset from the top of famous Meteora cliffs
- See UNESCO listed Meteora monasteries and relics of early Christianity
- Unearth the history of Delphi while exploring its archaeological site
DescriptionDiscover Meteora and Delphi on this historical 2-day tour leaving from Athens. Explore the wonders of each city, including the Delphi Archaeological Site, museum, stadium, and the Oracle of Delphi. See nature's wonders and marvel at the beautiful architecture and learn more about the history of the monasteries in Meteora. Begin the tour in Athens with pickup in a luxury air-conditioned minivan and meet your guide/driver for the rest of the tour. Prepare for an exciting and historical two-day tour and get ready to make the most of your time in each city. Stop first in the Monastery of Saint Lucas, a few miles from Delphi. Admire one of the most important monuments of Middle Byzantine art and see the beauty of a site included on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Move on to the city of Arachova, a famous ski resort, and see beautiful colorful villages along the way. Travel to Delphi after Arachova, and visit the famous archaeological site, the museum, and the stadium, and take some time to admire the Oracle of Delphi, the most famous oracle of ancient Greece. See the Oracle where the Priestess of Apollo was consulted about major important decisions in the ancient classical world. Move on to Meteora, where you will rest for the night and get ready to explore Meteora early in the morning. Rise early and enjoy an opportunity to visit the famous monasteries in Meteora, and witness the beauty of nature in comparison to the history and architecture in the area from early Christian history. See the Meteora vertical cliffs, regarded as the perfect place to achieve absolute isolation, and discover peace and harmony, supporting man's eternal struggle for spiritual elevation. Explore the beautiful rock formations, and visit the monasteries to take beautiful photos and admire the exquisite landscape. Eat lunch before heading back to Athens having seen many famous and iconic sites important to Greek history.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (any hotel in Athens) Driver (If you want a licensed guide or an escort please choose the appropriate option) Transportation by luxury car/limousine/minivan/minibus with Wi-Fi (vechicle type depends on the number of people)
- Please note that to go inside the monasteries you must be dressed modestly Women must wear long skirts (no pants/trousers) and have their shoulders covered Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts Pick-up and drop off point is the same