My Guide Website?
Aristotle's Philosophy Experiential Workshop, Lyceum, Athens1 Reviews
Walk in the footsteps of Aristotle’s students, while you enjoy a productive philosophical interactive journey towards self-excellence.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Athens: 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- From Athens: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina Day Cruise with Lunch
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- Visit the archeological site of Lyceum, Aristotle’s own Academy
- Walk on the footsteps of Aristotle’s students
- Explore Aristotle's self-excellence theory in a joyful way
DescriptionLed by an expert facilitator, this experience is a philosophy workshop for beginners, Aristotle's “manual” on how to be virtuous in your daily life, while interacting with other people successfully. The experience begins in Rizari Park, under shaded trees. We introduce ourselves with the great teacher, with a short discussion on the historical background, focusing on the chain Socrates teacher of Plato teacher of Aristotle. At this point, you will also have the opportunity to read aloud some of Aristotle’s phrases, in ancient Greek! Then you will visit the nearby archaeological site of Lyceum, Aristotle’s School. You will walk around its ruins, at the original place where the great teacher walked with his students. While walking, you will play a card game that will help you explore the Aristotelian Ethics theory, and its key element: Virtues! In the end, you will sit at the small Amphitheater with a direct view of the excavations. There, you will discuss the Aristotelian Golden Mean through examples taken from modern daily life; finding the way to Eudaimonia, the ultimate human goal!
IncludesExpert facilitator All materials Local Taxes 24%
- 1) As part of this workshop takes place at a Historical site, involving Heritage and Cultural aspects, all participants are required to respect ethic, law and respectful conduct etiquette (soberness, cleanliness, photo/video shooting, dress-code, loudness etc) and be respectful and polite during the entire session. Our facilitator has the right to terminate your participation without any refund in case your behavior is disrespectful in regards to the place or the people. 2) Since this workshop is taking place entirely outdoors, please keep in mind that, in case it rains, we might be forced to find shelter and continue the workshop at the very nice café of the Byzantine Museum (literally next door).