My Guide Website?
Athens: Acropolis and Ancient Athens Tour9 Reviews
Enjoy a combined adventure including a guided tour of the Acropolis and the Roman Agora. Come across some of the highlights of Ancient Athens and learn about the rich history of this iconic city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Half-Day Private City Tour
- Athens: The History of Greek Mythology Private Tour
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- Athens: The Original Greek Food Tour
- Athens: Full-Day Island Hopping Cruise with Lunch & Transfer
- Be transported back to Ancient Athens as you discover the heart of the city
- Step into the majestic Acropolis and marvel at its temples and monuments
- Explore the interior of the historic Roman Agora and the Library of Hadrian
- Come across sites such as the Ancient Agora, Hadrian's Arch, and Temple of Zeus
- Discover endless curiosities about ancient Greek culture, history and society
DescriptionEmbark on an insightful journey through Greek history, right in the heart of Athens. Join guided tours of the intricate Acropolis and the historic Roman Agora. Listen to interesting facts about these major sites and stroll through Ancient Athens to gaze at its imposing monuments. Start out with your visit to the Acropolis. Meet your guide and go in through the south slope, avoiding the crowds at the main entrance. Hear the age-old legends of the site and see the Parthenon, the Propylaea, and the Theater of Dionysus used to host festivals honoring the birth of the Greek god. Marvel at the Erechtheum, named after the demigod Erechtheus, and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, an enormous building used for musical performances. Take a look at the stone carvings of the Caryatids and the Temple of Athena Nike, the smallest temple. Enjoy some free time to admire all of the temples and monuments at your own pace and take all the photos you want. Regroup at the Gate of Athena Archegetis to visit the interior of the Roman Agora and the Library of Hadrian. Learn about the history, mythology, and scientific advances of this society. Finally, admire the exterior of the Ancient Agora, Hadrian's Arch, and Temple of Zeus.
- Tickets must be purchased online before the activity starts. You'll need Acropolis ticket for 9:00-10:00 time slot. Roman Agora for 10:00 - 12:00 time slot. Hadrian's Library for 12:00 - 14:00 time slot.