My Guide Website?
Athens Half Day Private Tour10 Reviews
Discover Athens and explore iconic sites of the city that invented western civilization in comfort of this private, half-day driving tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Instagram Tour: The Most Scenic Spots
- Athens: Dinner in the Sky Experience
- Athens: Blue Hop-on-Hop-off Bus and Cape Sounion Sunset Tour
- 3-Day Ancient Greek Archaeological Sites Tour from Athens
- From Athens: Cape Sounion Private Day Trip at Sunset
- Drive to the Parthenon where you have free time to visit the Acropolis Museum
- See the most iconic Athenian buildings and districts
- Discover breath taking panoramic views from the Lycabettus Hill
- Explore the pinnacle of architecture on the Acropolis
- See the Hellenic Parliament guards; pass-by Panathenaic stadium
DescriptionAfter pick-up from your hotel or port by private driver your first stop is the heart of Athens, the Acropolis. Observe the city’s rich history, documented in every piece of marble gracing the Parthenon, Erechtheion and Propylaea. From the rocky heights view the new Acropolis Museum, an architectural jewel which hosts a rich variety of treasures. From there head towards the city centre to see Syntagma Square, the Greek Parliament and the impressive Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the heart of the modern Greek Republic. Then enter the most cosmopolitan quarter with its elegant shops and countless dining options. Next take the road to the Panathenaic Stadium which hosted the first modern Olympic Games at their revival in 1896. Nearby enjoy the cool shade of the National Gardens and view the Zappeion Megaro Hall, one of the city’s most important and impressive neoclassical buildings. Finally, your route will pass by the picturesque Plaka area to enjoy the famous view from the Lycabettus Hill. Savour the sight of Athens laid out before you illuminated and noble.
IncludesProfessional drivers with deep knowledge of history (not licensed to accompany you in any site) Hotel/ airport/ port pickup and drop-off Private transportation Air-conditioned vehicle WiFi on board Bottled water
- Drivers are not licensed tour guides, but they are knowledgeable and can provide commentary in fluent English
- Although your driver will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer most of your questions about the places you visit on this tour
- Licensed tour guide is available at an additional cost