My Guide Website?
Athens: Temple of Olympian Zeus E-Ticket and Audio Tour44 Reviews
Visit the Olympieion with an e-ticket and a self-guided audio tour on your phone. Marvel the remains of a colossal temple at the heart of Athens. End your walk at the balaneion, a Greek public bath.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit hassle-free with a pre-booked e-ticket for the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Download your digital audio tour on your Android or iOS smartphone
- Marvel at the grandeur of ancient architecture
- Gain insight into the history and myths of ancient Athens
- Discover an ancient bathhouse and picture everyday life thousands of years ago
DescriptionStep inside one of the most potent landmarks of Greece and enjoy a unique experience provided by a pre-booked e-ticket combined with a digital audio tour on your smartphone. As you approach the Great Propylon, freshen up your Greek Mythology and listen to the story of the Great Deluge, the divine wrath that fell upon humankind on a day when Zeus felt kind of stormy. Weave through the enormous 17-meter pillars and go on a riotous journey back in time to learn about the turbulent 700-year history of the construction of the temple and its fate throughout the centuries. At the same time, this is a gripping coming-of-age story of the city itself as it is rolled into a brilliantly tied narrative. Among many other stories, you will learn about the gory bloodbath upon which the city was founded by legendary Theseus. Hear about the attempts of an Athenian tyrant and a Roman emperor to juxtapose their rule over men to the celestial power of Zeus. Listen to the tale of the ferocious thunderstorm that brought about terrible damage to the temple. Learn about the premonitions of imminent disaster among the locals in 19th-century Athens. Finally, you will end your tour at close proximity to the temple, where you will discover the relics of an ancient bathhouse and learn about the rejuvenating benefits of public baths.
IncludesEntrance fee / adult e-ticket for the Temple of the Olympian Zeus Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) Offline content with offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Please note, and Android or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch fifth generation or older, iPad fourth generation or older, or iPad Mini first generation
- This product is a skip-the-line e-ticket & a self-guided audio tour. No live guide will accompany you
- EU citizens aged 0-25 are entitled to free admission. However, they have to wait in line to show ID card or passport • Children up to the age of 5, from non-EU countries, are entitled to have free admission tickets upon presentation of their passport for verification of their age and country of origin. However, they'll the skip-the-line privilege
- From April 1 to October 31 Non-EU citizens, between 6 to 25 ys, upon presentation of their passport, are entitled to 50% reduced admission • From April 1 to October 31 senior citizens over 65 from Greece or other EU states and are entitled to 50% reduced admission