From Cruise Ship Port: Greek Food Tour + Free Time in Athens
Enjoy an off-the-beaten-path tour in the most delicious neighborhoods of Athens. Taste Greek delicacies and take free time for yourself in the city before you're transferred back to your cruise ship in the afternoon.
- Visit the Athens Central Market
- Stroll through off-the-beaten-path areas in the city
- Discover where Athenians shop and eat in a lively neighborhood
- Learn about the Mediterranean diet
- Sample Greek savories and sweets
- Enjoy round-trip transfer from and to your cruise ship
DescriptionGet ready to bite into a sweet, cream filled, crunchy filo layered pie called bougatsa, fork into perfectly fried doughnut balls drenched in honey called loukoumades, and savor a satisfying meld of flavors from warm pita bread filled with seasoned grilled meat, fresh veggies and traditional sauce called gyros. In between, you’ll taste Feta cheese, Greek olives, Greek wines and try other traditional foods on a neighborhood walk revolving around sampling Greece’s traditional food. In between each bite, you’ll gain insight into Greece’s fascinating food culture, the evolution of the country’s cuisine and the healthy nature of locally produced, organic ingredients. The Athens Walking Tours guide will lead you through the bustling Athens Central Market, a historic food market unlike any other in Europe. Here, colorful and fragrant food stalls set the stage among animated food sellers, fishmongers and butchers yearinng for sales as locals bargain them down. You’ll also be led down the city’s quaint spice street, browse through specialty shops selling local wine, olive oil, cheese or olives, and sample what’s behind the glass counters at family-run delicatessens. The aromas of fresh, out-of-the-oven savory pies, the tempting displays of Greek pastries and sips of Greece’s strong and tasteful spirits round off the food tour.
IncludesRound-trip transfer from the cruise port of Piraeus Food and beverages sampling Food tour with local experienced food expert Free time in Plaka Athens Guide magazine Athens Map Lunch or dinner Gratuities (optional, usually 10%)
- -The tours take place in all weather conditions, rain or shine. -Sunscreen, hat and walking shoes are suggested. -There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, an alternative or a full refund will be offered.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability