Full-Day Tour of Athens and Cape Sounion9 Reviews
See the best of Athens on this full-day tour. From the Acropolis to the Panathinaikos Stadium you’ll truly experience the history and culture of the city. After lunch, take a scenic drive to Cape Sounion and marvel at the impressive Temple of Poseidon.
- Explore Athens with this Full-Day Tour including Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon
- Discover historical mouments like the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus
- The blend of modern and ancient architecture will impress you
- Marvel at the beauty of the Parthenon
- The views of the Aegean sea from Cape Sounion are stunning
- Gaze at the Temple of Poseidon
DescriptionStart this tour by visiting the Panathinaikos Stadium, home of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Our scenic drive will continue past by the Prime’s Ministers residence and the Royal Palace guarded by the colorful Evzones guards in traditional uniforms. View the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus, the National Gardens, the beautiful Arch of Hadrian, and the Old Parliament in birthplace of democracy. Look forward to discovering the Acropolis high atop Athens. Experience the history of the Pantheon, a temple dedicated to the goddess Athena and built in the 5th century B.C.. Next we will visit the Erechtheion. This beautiful temple can be easily recognized by its the Porch of Maidens, gazing over the Greek Capital. Experience breathtaking views from the Acropolis as the city of Athens opens up below you. After a morning full of beauty and history, relax and enjoy a delicious Greek lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, we will take a scenic drive along the coastal road which offers fantastic views of the Saronic Gulf. Look forward to reaching the Cape of Sounion. A temple was built here in 44B.C.on a hilltop overlooking the sea. It was dedicated to Poseidon, god of the seas. The tour will conclude with a drive back to Athens, completing a full day of history and beauty.
IncludesProfessional guide Pick-up and drop off from centrally located hotels in Athens Entrance fees Lunch Drinks
- Pick-up is available from the majority of hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time
- Alternatively, you can meet at the tour supplier's office 15 minutes before the tour departure time
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability