My Guide Website?
Private Acropolis and Athens City Tour3 Reviews
See the Heart of Athens with all the modern and ancient highlights!
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Athens: 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- From Athens: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina Day Cruise with Lunch
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- See all the modern and ancient sights of Athens
- Enjoy skip-the-ticket line service at the acropolis
- Enjoy a guided tour with lots of great information
DescriptionThis comprehensive city tour takes you to the modern sights in the heart of Athens and the most important ancient sights that have been standing in the city for millennia. The tour concludes at the Acropolis which is one of the most visited and culturally revered ancient sights in the world. It continues to stand higher than the metropolis built around it, offering panoramic views of the entire capital. Start at the Syntagma metro station for a 10-minute tour inside of the station’s museum. Archaeological artifacts uncovered during the metro’s construction offer insight into daily life here thousands of years ago. The next stop is the Greek Parliament, followed by the Monument to the Unknown Soldier where you will watch the changing of the guards. The walk continues to the National Gardens of Athens, Zappeion, Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. The route passes by the Plaka district to reach the next and final stop: the Acropolis. Entrance tickets are not included in the tour fee and the ticket costs will be payed to the tour guide before the tour begins. This way you can skip the long lines. This service is provided at no extra cost. Note that children under 18 years old have free admission to the Acropolis and all the archaeological sights. Entering on the south slope of the Acropolis, you’ll visit the Dionysus Sanctuary and Dionysus Theater before you walk up the slope leading to the Acropolis monuments. Panoramic views of the city will be perfect for Instagram-ready photos.
IncludesLocal licensed guide Private tour
- You need to pay cash for your admission ticket at our check-in location just before the tour (approx. 20 euros per person). We've secured tickets for your specified time. Opting for an independent ticket purchase (discouraged) requires 24-hour advance notice at email@example.com. Failing that, you will also have to pay for the tickets we buy for you at the check-in. Please be cautious when acquiring your ticket yourself, as selecting an incorrect date, time, or guest type may result in a non-refundable tour fee. Strict Acropolis entry times mean we can't wait for latecomers. No refunds will be given. All visitors undergo airport-style security; expect peak season waits of up to 30+ minutes. Accurately select EU or NON-EU citizenship during booking. Incorrect choice may mean paying the price difference or tour forfeiture. A valid passport is required for verification. During the off-season, tours operate with a minimum capacity.