My Guide Website?
Private Acropolis and Athens City Tour2 Reviews
See the Heart of Athens with all the modern and ancient highlights!
- See all the modern and ancient sights of Athens
- Enjoy skip-the-line service at the acropolis
- Enjoy a guided tour with lots of great information
DescriptionThis comprehensive city tour takes you to the modern sights in the heart of Athens and the most important ancient sights that have been standing in the city for millennia. The tour concludes at the Acropolis which is one of the most visited and culturally revered ancient sights in the world. It continues to stand higher than the metropolis built around it, offering panoramic views of the entire capital. Start at the Syntagma metro station for a 10-minute tour inside of the station’s museum. Archaeological artifacts uncovered during the metro’s construction offer insight into daily life here thousands of years ago. The next stop is the Greek Parliament, followed by the Monument to the Unknown Soldier where you will watch the changing of the guards. The walk continues to the National Gardens of Athens, Zappeion, Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. The route passes by the Plaka district to reach the next and final stop: the Acropolis. Entrance tickets are not included in the tour fee and the ticket costs will be payed to the tour guide before the tour begins. This way you can skip the long lines. This service is provided at no extra cost. Note that children under 18 years old have free admission to the Acropolis and all the archaeological sights. Entering on the south slope of the Acropolis, you’ll visit the Dionysus Sanctuary and Dionysus Theater before you walk up the slope leading to the Acropolis monuments. Panoramic views of the city will be perfect for Instagram-ready photos.
IncludesLocal licensed guide Private tour
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water (also available for purchase on the way). Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn.
- Entrance tickets to the Acropolis and Temple of Zeus cost €28 per adult. Youths aged 6-24 are entitled to reduced or free entrance (providing they have a valid ID or passport) depending on nationality. Seniors aged 65+ (EU citizens only) are entitled to reduced entrance fees (providing they have a valid ID or passport)
- The tour duration is 3 hours and 15 minutes, which includes around 45 minutes of walking. The distance covered is around 1.5 miles, with many stops in shady corners
- The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone
- The tour is conducted in English (unless another language agreed)
- There are restrooms along the route