My Guide Website?
Athens Private Tours: Acropolis and Acropolis Museum3 Reviews
Explore the ancient city of Athens with a private guide. See the splendor of the Acropolis and the new Acropolis Museum, visit the birthplace of the modern Olympics, explore the sites of Ancient Greece and the Modern Greek democracy.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Instagram Tour: The Most Scenic Spots
- Athens: Dinner in the Sky Experience
- Athens: Blue Hop-on-Hop-off Bus and Cape Sounion Sunset Tour
- 3-Day Ancient Greek Archaeological Sites Tour from Athens
- From Athens: Cape Sounion Private Day Trip at Sunset
- Visit the Acropolis
- See the birthplace of the modern Olympics at the Panathinaikos Stadium
- Explore the new Acropolis Museum.
- Pass by the colorful Evzone Guards outside the Greek Parliament
- Enjoy the services of a private, expert guide
DescriptionTake a private tour of the ancient city of Athens on this 5-hour excursion with a personal guide. You will visit the Acropolis, icon of Athens perched on its plateau, and walk to Omonia Square, the central square of the modern day city. Tour the famous sites of Ancient Greece and get an overview of the modern city that will give you your bearings for the remainder of your vacation. Following a hotel pick-up, your first stop will be at the Panathinaikos Stadium, cradle of the first modern Olympic games, which took place in 1896. Pass by the Greek Parliament in the former Royal Palace of Syntagma Square and watch the fanciful Evzoni Guards in their amber tunics. Continue to the stately Zappion Conference Center in the National Gardens of Greece. Proceed pass the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arc and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, guarded by more Evzones. You will pass the handsome Numismatic Museum at Schlieman's House, the Catholic Cathedral of Agios Dionysios Aeropagitis, Constitution Square and finally the Acropolis, where you will visit the monumental marble gates of the Propylae, the Temples of Athena, Nike and Parthenon. See the famous Porch of Maidens at the Temple of Erectheion. Continue with a pleasant short past Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the daring new Acropolis Museum. Home to a multitude of archaeological finds from the Acropolis, major attractions include votives, artifacts of everyday life, archaic statues, Caryatids and the Parthenon hall with displays from the pediments, the metopes and the frieze. The tour officially ends here and you can continue exploring on your own, or if you prefer dropped back at your hotel.
IncludesEntrance fee to the Acropolis Entrance fee to the Acropolis Museum Professional guide Transportation by a deluxe, air-conditioned vehicle (bus, minivan or taxi, depending on the group’s size)
- This tour can be operated in other languages on request
- Starting times are approximate, if you wish your tour to start earlier or later, please get in touch once you have booked.