My Guide Website?
Athens: Highlights and Acropolis Guided Tour without Tickets97 Reviews
Take a guided tour through the streets of Athens and see the city’s highlights, including Syntagma square, the Parliament, and the hip Plaka district. Admire the views of the Acropolis before ascending to the site, where you’ll enjoy priority admission.
- Skip the lines and avoid the crowds with your group tickets
- Explore the magic of Athens with a knowledgeable guide
- See Syntagma Square, with a history extending back to ancient times
- Marvel at the Acropolis, towering high above the city
DescriptionDiscover the extraordinary sites and ancient ruins of Athens on a comprehensive city tour that takes to you face-to-face with antiquity at some of the city’s most breathtaking World Heritage Sites. Your 3-hour walking tour begins at the Syntagma metro station. The guide will show you the archeological sites around this historic square before continuing on to Parliament House and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier. You’ll even get to see the pageantry of the changing of the guards! Visit the National Garden of Athens, and see the neo-classical Zappeion Hall. In front of the Hall are the towering columns that once belonged to the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch. This 6th-century B.C. temple was dedicated to the kings of the gods, but wasn't completed until nearly 600 years later. From here you’ll enter the hip and cool Plaka district. Walk past the the portrait of Melina Merkouri, one of Greece’s most famous film actresses and politicians. Continue walking along the winding pedestrianized streets, passing bustling cafés. You’ll soon begin the ascent to the Acropolis, taking in stunning views of the city below. Your knowledgeable guide will tell you about the monuments at the base of the Acropolis, including the famous Parthenon, Erechteion Propylaia, Nike Temple, the Dionysus Sanctuary, and Philopappos Hill.
IncludesLocal licensed guide Skip-the-line service Athens guide magazine Small-group tour Athens map
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a hat and a bottle of water (also available for purchase on the way). Bring a sweater if you are visiting in the early spring or autumn.
- The tour operates with a minimum capacity. There is a possibility of cancelation during the off-season in winter if the tour does not reach the minimum number of participants. In this case, an alternative booking or a full refund will be offered
- The tour duration is 3 hours and 10 minutes, which includes around 45 minutes of walking. The distance covered is around 1.5 miles, with many stops in shady corners
- The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone
- The tour is conducted in English
- There are restrooms along the route
- If you are a non-EU Citizen, please select either the Adult, Youth, Children or Infant price category. If you are an EU citizen, please select either the EU-Citizens, EU Student, or Infant price category • A valid passport is required for all guests