My Guide Website?
Athens: Private Full-Day Classical Tour
Enjoy a full day tour in the historical center and the modern city of Athens. Visit the Acropolis, New Acropolis Museum, stroll around Plaka & Monastiraki, and conclude with a driving tour around the most interesting sites.
- Visit Greece's most glorious ancient site, the Acropolis of Athens
- Admire the astonishing construction of the Parthenon temple
- Marvel the marble masterpieces in the Acropolis Museum
- Enjoy a relaxing stroll through some of Athen's most vibrant markets and neighborhoods
- Drive through the popular districts in the modern part of the city
DescriptionStart your private experience in the morning with pick up from your hotel in Athens. Then, head over to the Acropolis for a tour of the most significant parts of this archaeological site. Upgrade your tour to include a private guided tour with a licensed English-speaking guide, authorized to enter all the archaeological sites with you, or alternatively explore the sites at your own pace without a guide. First, walk uphill through the grand marble entrance and marvel at the astonishing construction of the Parthenon, a splendid temple built by the Greeks and dedicated to goddess Athena. Gaze down at the modern city of Athens from the hilltop, exploring all sides for panoramic views of the old town and its picturesque buildings. See the ancient Theater of Dionysus, the Roman Temple of Zeus, and the world-famous Herodeion theater. Then, visit the spectacular Acropolis Museum which houses a wide collection of original sculptures. Marvel at the glass-made floor which reveals the ruins of ancient buildings underneath. On the first floor, admire marble masterpieces and impressive views of the Acropolis Hill, the Lycabettus Hill, and the rest of the city. Next, take a relaxing stroll through the picturesque 19th-century streets of Plaka and Monastiraki. See where significant personalities dwelled in stunning houses built in the neoclassical architectural style. See old sites and monuments, including the Greek Agora, the Roman Forum and the tower of the winds, the ruins of Hadrian’s Library, old Orthodox churches, and historical mosques. After this, walk through the Flea Market to Adrianou Street, where you feel the commercial vibe of the old town. Turn down the scenic, flowery back streets and experience the calmness of the Anafiotika neighborhood, with some of the oldest houses in the Plaka district. Complete your tour with a drive around the most popular parts of modern Athens. Take a look at the extraordinary venue for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, the Roman temple of Zeus with its imposing pillars, the National Gardens, the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the outstanding 19th-century University of Athens, the Academia, and the National Library.
IncludesPickup and drop-off service English-speaking driver (without authorization to enter into the sites and museums) Private guided tour with a licensed English-speaking guide, authorized to enter all the archaeological sites (if option chosen) Private transportation in a luxury Mercedes vehicle Mineral water Wet and dry tissues WiFi
- The itinerary is subject to change according to the opening-closing hours of the venues and depending on the tourist season
- Meals are not included in the rate, but adequate time will be given for a lunch or coffee break
- The tickets for the archaeological sites and museums are not included in the rate, but they can be provided upon request through e-mail correspondence after your booking confirmation