My Guide Website?
Athens: The Acropolis and Greek Food Private Guided Tour1 Reviews
Enjoy a private guided tour into historical and culinary Athens with just 5 hours of walking.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- Athens: The Original Greek Food Tour
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- Nea Makri: Marathon Cape & Bay of Schinias Snorkeling Trip
- Athens: Acropolis, Parthenon, & Acropolis Museum Guided Tour
- Experience the tastes of Greece and discover Athenian Food Culture
- Sample local delicacies & beverages and feel the pulse of the city
- Take a private guided tour and see the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Zeus and the Dionysus Theater and Sanctuary
DescriptionMeet with your food and archaeology expert licensed private guide and start your fascinating day of discovery with a visit of Dionysus Theater, the oldest theater in Greece. Continue your walk up on the Acropolis hill while enjoying breathtaking views of the nearby monuments, such as Herodes Atticus odeon, Philopappos Monument, the Observatory and others. Enjoy a full explanation of Acropolis’ marvellous monuments: the Temple of Athena Nike, the Propylaea gateway, the Erechtheion and the astonishing Parthenon.Your knowledgeable guide will provide you with plenty of information and uncover fascinating facts about the construction and history of the monuments. The unique, beautiful view of the city of Athens, including the Mars hill, the Ancient Agora and the Temple of Hephaestus, will capture your heart and mind, same as you will capture them on camera. After concluding the Acropolis visit, continue your walk crossing the beautiful old town of Athens, the Plaka. Stroll the Monastiraki area and start a delicious journey of discovery through the streets of a less known part of Athens; the Athenian Market area. You will discover a kaleidoscope of colors, smells, tastes and textures. You will be led past producer stalls bursting with color, intoxicating spice shops, enticing sweet shops, bakeries and of course the bustling central food market of Athens. Visit small, hidden, specialty food shops where you will have the opportunity to free sample a wide variety of Greek delicacies ranging from mouth-watering sweets to original traditional Greek products, such as olives, honey, cheese a.o. Your knowledgeable guide will also provide you with valuable insight both on the unique and intricate culinary heritage of Greece as well as the famous Mediterranean diet, hailed today as a model of healthy living. Your tour will be concluded near the Monastiraki area.
IncludesEntrance tickets (20 €) Local licensed guide & food specialist Sample local delicacies & beverages Athens Guide magazine Athens Map
- You need to pay cash for your admission ticket at our check-in location just before the tour. We've secured tickets for your specified time. Opting for an independent ticket purchase (discouraged) requires 24-hour advance notice at firstname.lastname@example.org. Failing that, you will also have to pay for the tickets we buy for you at the check-in. Please be cautious when acquiring your ticket yourself, as selecting an incorrect date, time, or guest type may result in a non-refundable tour fee. Strict Acropolis entry times mean we can't wait for latecomers. No refunds will be given. All visitors undergo airport-style security; expect peak season waits of up to 30+ minutes. Accurately select EU or NON-EU citizenship during booking. Incorrect choice may mean paying the price difference or tour forfeiture. A valid passport is required for verification. During the off-season, tours operate with a minimum capacity.