My Guide Website?
Essential Athens Highlights plus the Temple of Poseidon1 Reviews
Private luxury tour combining the Highlights of Athens with a coastal road trip to the Sounion Peninsula and amazing cliff top Temple of Poseidon. Enjoy also a coastal road trip to the beautiful Sounion Peninsula and cliff top Temple of Poseidon.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Athens Instagram Tour: The Most Scenic Spots
- Athens: Dinner in the Sky Experience
- Athens: Blue Hop-on-Hop-off Bus and Cape Sounion Sunset Tour
- 3-Day Ancient Greek Archaeological Sites Tour from Athens
- From Athens: Cape Sounion Private Day Trip at Sunset
- See the Acropolis, Ancient Agora, Roman Agora and Old Town of Athens on a guided walk
- Relax with lunch in the shadow of the Temple of Hephestus
- Enjoy a coastal road trip alongside the blue Aegean sea
- Go to the Temple of Poseidon
DescriptionFrom one awe-inspiring site to the next is how your day starts, unfolds and just keeps going! From pick-up at your hotel, you will head to the entrance to the Acropolis, passing by the Roman theater of Herodion, still hosting modern performances. Ascending the ancient stone steps, you will reach the pinnacle of Greek antiquity, the Parthenon and Erechtheion, with plenty of time to take photos, and contemplate this amazing site, learning about its turbulent history and the mythological struggles of the gods over the name of the city, before descending through the olive trees towards the Roman Agora, for an insight into the important Roman period of the city. Continue towards Hadrian's library and the vibrant Monistaraki Square and explore the famous ‘Plaka’ market with its bustle and colour, and. Find the near complete ancient Temple of Hephaestus, and the extensive site of the ancient Agora, which was the hub and focus of old Athenian life. A perfect place to choose from one of the many tavernas and cafes along the boutique Adriano street with wonderful views to the ancient market site, you will then pause for a relaxing lunch, discussing how the ancient Greeks would have gathered to trade, exchange news, worship and carry out the street politics of the day at the site. Refreshed, you will drive out of the city for around 50 minutes, enjoying the Aegean coast line and exploring the beautiful area of Sounion, and the breathtaking Temple of Poseidon perched on the shear cliff edge with its open sea views. Learn how the Aegean got its name, the importance of the Temple in Greek history, and of previous visitors from Theseus to Lord Byron during his own Grand Tour. Your tour driver can not accompany you into ticketed sites, but for those wishing a guided tour inside the sites themselves, it is possible to collaborate with a select number of licensed on-site professional guides who can provide these on request.
IncludesLocal guide/driver Hotel pick-up and drop off from centrally located hotels Transport by air-conditioned minivan or sedan (based on group size)
- Walking is involved in the morning period, so a reasonable fitness level is recommended along with comfortable shoes
- One of the sites has uneven surfaces
- If visiting in the summer months, please bring sunscreen and a hat