My Guide Website?
Athens: City Tour With Private Driver1 Reviews
Discover the highlights of Athens on this city tour. Visit incredible sites like the Acropolis, the first Olympic stadium, the Parthenon, and more, in the safe comfort of a luxurious vehicle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit remarkable monuments & great historical places such as the Acropolis, Parthenon, Agora, Temple of Zeus, the first Olympic stadium and many more
- Avoid noisy crowds and the bustle of the city.
- Travel in safety and comfort in your own luxurious private vehicle
- Find out about how life was then and now and how surprisingly similar things are between ancient and modern Athens, a lively metropolis then and now!
- Your dedicated private driver will ensure a comfortable personalized experience throughout the day!
DescriptionThe tour starts by visiting the so called “sacred rock”, the Acropolis. Here you will see the Parthenon that was dedicated to goddess Athena (Parthenos), Propylea, the monumental entrance to the sacred area, the temple of Athena Nike which was dedicated to Athena-Nike (Victory) the Erechtheion with its famous female figures-statues the Caryatides or Maidens dedicated to both goddess Athena and god Poseidon. The Odeum of Herodus Atticus and the ruins of the first theatre in the whole world the Theatre of Dionysus and finally the Areopagus (Mars Hill). Then will proceed to the Temple of Olympian Zeus (visit) and then to Panathenaic or Kallimarmaro Stadium which hosted the first modern Olympic Games in 1896 (short visit). We will drive by the Prime Minister’s Residence (Maximou Mansion), the former Royal Palace, today the Presidential Mansion and the House of Parliament with the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (short stop so as to watch the changing of the guards). We continue our tour by driving up to the highest point of Athens, the Lycabettus Hill (the best 360 degree panoramic view of Athens). From Lycabettus Hill we’ll proceed to the oldest and most picturesque neighbourhood of Athens, Plaka (stone-paved narrow streets, traditional Greek tavernas -best gyros- antique and souvenir stores) and the Tower of the Winds. After lunch (optional) a drive through the city centre to the area of the Flea Market (street bazaar, antique stores) where you will visit the Ancient Agora (the political, financial and commercial centre of ancient Athens). There you will see the Temple of Hephaistos, known also as Theseum (best preserved ancient temple in Greece) and the Stoa of Attalos (an ancient shopping centre) which was restored in the fifties by the American Archaeological School. It is a peaceful and inspiring site and especially in Spring when everything is in full bloom one’s spirit lifts! The tour will be completed with a visit to the National Archaeological Museum, the biggest museum in Greece with one of the most extensive and important archaeological collections in the world. It houses, among other important exhibits, the frescoes of the island of Santorini and the prehistoric golden collection of Mycenae with the famous mask of Agamemnon OR with a visit to the New Acropolis Museum, 'Home' of the Parthenon Marbles and importand & impressive archaeological findings from the sacred rock of the Acropolis.
IncludesEnglish-speaking driver Hotel pickup and drop-off Piraeus pickup and drop-off Bottled mineral water
- You need a covid-19 a vaccination certificate or [b] a certificate of disease. Minors from four (4) to seventeen (17) years of age may present, as an alternative, a negative self-test statement
- Reduced admission is a available to the archaeological sites (50%) for visitors, and those aged 6-25 from countries outside the EU, and EU citizens aged over 65
- The reduced admission is available for everybody from Nov. 1st to March 31st
- There is free is admission for visitors aged 25 and under from the EU, children under age 5 from outside the EU, and university students aged over 25 from countries of the EU (a certificate certifying tuition and duration of study is necessary) Admission is free on, March 6th, April 18th, May 18th, the last weekend of September, October 28th, and the first Sunday of every month, from Nov. 1st to March 31st
- Entrance fees to the sites: Combined ticket for all the sites in this tour except fo the museums: 30 Euros New Acropolis Museum: 10 Euros