My Guide Website?
Athens, Acropolis and Acropolis Museum Including Entry Fees307 Reviews
See the ancient city of Athens in all its splendor on this guided tour that includes a visit to the new Acropolis Museum. Admire the city’s major monuments and learn about its history and culture. Marvel at the views from the Acropolis.
- Visit the Acropolis, the citadel that has stood over Athens since the 5th century B.C.
- See the birthplace of the modern Olympics at Panathinaikos Stadium
- Enjoy the beauty of the Royal gardens and the former Royal Palace
- Explore the new Acropolis Museum, home to over 4,000 artifacts from the surrounding site
DescriptionYou’ll be picked up at your centrally located Athens hotel and begin your full-day tour with a visit to Panathinaikos Stadium, where the first modern Olympic Games were held in 1896. Pass by the Prime Minister’s residence and the former Royal Palace, which is still guarded by the colorfully garbed Evzone soldiers. You’ll see the historically important Zappion building, now a conference and exhibition hall, before arriving at the Temple of Olympian Zeus, completed in 131 A.D. The tour continues past the National Gardens to Hadrian’s Arch and on to the Parliament. You’ll also pass by the National Academy, the National Library, the Old Parliament, Constitution Square, and the Russian Orthodox Church. Marvel at the Acropolis, built in the 5th century B.C. Visit the Propylaea Gateway, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, and the Erechtheum with its famous Porch of Maidens. Take a short, pleasant walk past the Herodion and Dionysos theaters to the new Acropolis Museum. The museum houses more than 4,000 artifacts from the Acropolis site, and its exhibits cover the Greek Bronze Age as well as the Roman and Byzantine periods.
IncludesAdmission to the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum Pick-up service from your central Athens hotel Transportation by air-conditioned bus Professional licensed tour guide
- Pick-up is available from the majority of hotels in Athens and takes place approximately 1 hour before the tour departure time
- Alternatively, you can meet at the tour supplier's office 15 minutes before the tour departure time
- Please note, the tour may be conducted by a bilingual guide on some occasions