My Guide Website?
Athens Full-Day Private Sightseeing Tour20 Reviews
Explore Athens at your own pace with a private driver and see the majestic ruins of the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus and more. Watch the Changing of the Guards, pick up some duty free shopping and stroll through the vibrant Plaka district.
- Take a scenic journey through the history of Athens with a private driver
- Explore the majestic ruins of the Acropolis
- Visit the New Acropolis Museum
- Stroll around the old city district of Plaka and discover your own little taverna for lunch
- Purchase duty free items during a shopping expedition
DescriptionImmerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Athens on a private 8-hour sightseeing tour with private driver, giving you time to see more sites, enjoy some retail therapy and lunch in a local taverna. As you travel through history, your driver will take you to some of the most remarkable monuments of western civilization. First, visit the legendary Acropolis. Built in the 5th century BC, after the victorious war against the Persians, the site is crowned by the iconic Parthenon. Explore the new Acropolis Museum, which opened in 2009 to great acclaim. See the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian’s Arch and the Panathenaic Stadium, constructed for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. Stroll through the old city district of Plaka, and pause for lunch in a traditional restaurant. Get breathtaking views of Athens from Lycabetus Hill, and discover beautiful neo-classical buildings in the Monastiraki district, home to a vibrant flea market. Watch the changing of the presidential Evzone guards outside the Parliament building. The program is flexible and can be tailored to your preferences, with stops to capture souvenir snapshots, or enjoy a cup of strong Greek coffee at leisure. Enjoy some retail therapy of big name brands at duty free prices, or visit one of the city’s many museums, all according to your wishes.
IncludesPort or hotel pick-up and drop-off English-speaking driver Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned taxi Map and guide book of Athens Cold water WiFi Mobile phone
- Please note that the Acropolis Museum opens from 08:00-20:00. Tickets cost €10
- The Acropolis opens from 08:00-19:00 in the summer, and from 08:30-15:00 during the winter season (November 1 to March 31). Tickets cost €20
- Acropolis multi-tickets cost €30 and include the Temple of Zeus, Ancient Agora, Roman Forum, Kerameikos, and Theatre of Dionysos.
- All sites and museums are closed on January 1, March 25, May 1, October 28, Christmas and Boxing Day. Sites open from 12:00 to 15:00 on Good Friday; Holy Saturday from 08:30-15:00; Easter Sunday closed; Easter Monday open 08:30-15:00
- During the summer, please wear light clothes, athletic shoes and avoid dark colors. Please be aware that the Acropolis is very slippery
- You can purchase tax free items during your shopping trip
- The order of visits can change due to unforeseen circumstances
- Please be advised that the driver cannot escort you inside the sites