Athens Original Street Art Tour79 Reviews
Let a real street artist guide you through the active street art scene of Athens. Decipher the hidden messages behind spectacular examples of urban art on a visit to 3 of the city's neighborhoods, where the immense richness of street art is concentrated.
- See Athens street art with a real street artist guide
- Decipher the secret messages behind the art and learn about Athens through its graffiti
- Visit 3 of the most hip neighborhoods and experience the city in an unconventional way
- Learn all about the artists (WD, iNO, Moralez and more) from your expert guide
- See how Athens’ economic and social crisis is portrayed by street artists
DescriptionLondon, Berlin, New York, or Paris normally come to mind when street art is mentioned. Athens, however, is often overlooked and yet is a city rich in graffiti art. Street art emerged in the Greek capital around 1998. The art form really took off, developing its distinctive style over the past 10 years, particularly as the country’s economic crisis unfolded. This 3-hour guided tour offers an alternative way to experience Athens and take a look at what’s happening at its core. A vested interest in art isn’t required to enjoy this activity. All you need is curiosity and receptiveness to the fantasy, colors, and meanings of the works you encounter, as you look at Athens in a fresh and unconventional way.
IncludesWireless Tour Guide Systems will be provided. Receivers are thoroughly sanitized between use and all earpieces are single-use. English-speaking guide Map of neighborhoods visited (with the locations of main street art creations indicated) Gratuities (optional)
- Wireless tour guide systems will be provided. Receivers are thoroughly sanitized between use and all earpieces are single-use.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability