My Guide Website?
Athens: The Authentic Greek Food Tour203 Reviews
Indulge in a culinary journey during which you will get to know the people who create the culinary story of the city. You will taste regional food and specialties and discover secret gastronomic gems.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Athens:If youʻre booking your trip to Athens last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Athens: 4-Days Classical Tour with Meteora
- Athens Riviera Trikke Bike Tour & Vouliagmeni Lake
- From Athens: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina Day Cruise with Lunch
- Athens: Museum of Illusions Admission Ticket
- From Athens: Delphi Archaeological Site Full-Day Guided Trip
- Enjoy the vibe of the city and explore the main food district.
- Τaste and learn more about some of the most delicious products of Greece.
- Discover some of the best hidden gems of the city.
- Try some of the best Greek food and snacks.
DescriptionDiscover the city at a relaxing pace with your local expert who will share their love for delicious dishes and tasty products. This gastronomic adventure includes many delicious Greek delicacies, some of them with a twist, and various snacks known from ancients times.Try some of the most beloved and healthy Greek food while exploring the local culinary scene which continues to evolve and surprise! Keep exploring the most exciting flavors of Greece through a workshop where you will taste and learn more about some of the most delicious products of this country. This is also where the most vibrant part of the city is located, a year-round food oasis. Here you will feel the real pulse of the city, among food stalls, coffee shops, open-air markets, and well-hidden tavernas. Let your senses guide you; this is the local food market where you will mingle with the locals and you will observe, smell, and touch the best quality ingredients this city has to offer! Stroll around the food district where the street with the spices is located, where you will find the best herbs that are collected from all over Greece. Discover some of the best-hidden tavernas and feel that old time nostalgia. You will taste typical Greek tapas (mezes) and drink wine or ouzo in a place that will remind you of an old black & white film set back in the '60s! This is as authentic as it gets! And remember… the more hungry you come, the better! IMPORTANT NOTES: • Meeting point and places/tastings may be different from those mentioned in the tour description during weekends and also during evening tours on weekdays (some places/delis and also the food market are closed). • Food market doesn't operate during evening hours. • Alcohol served at lunch/dinner only. • Please inform for food restrictions/allergies. • Not recommended for gluten free/vegan/lactose-free/low carb diet. • Please check where the meeting point is located and come on time.
IncludesLots of delicious Greek food Visits to authentic local restaurants Some of the best-hidden gems of the city The guidance of a world traveler and local expert guide
- At the time of booking please inform the supplier about any food allergies or dietary restrictions The meeting point, locations, and tastings may differ on weekdays after 4 PM and Saturdays/Sundays (some places/delis and the food market are closed). In these cases, the activities will be replaced with other options ensuring you still have the chance to enjoy plenty of Greek food and drinks