My Guide Website?
Acropolis: Guided Walking Tour with Entrance Ticket1345 Reviews
Visit the Athens Acropolis and explore the fascinating world of Ancient Greece on a 1.5-hour walking tour. Discover the UNESCO-listed archaeological site with a licensed guide. End at the summit with free time to explore on your own.
- Experience the Athens Acropolis
- Visit famous monuments, such as the Parthenon and Temple of Athena Nike
- Get insights on Ancient Greece from a local guide
- Take in the breathtaking views of Athens from the summit of the Acropolis
- Learn new facts about sites such as Mars Hill, and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Enjoy some free time to explore the Acropolis on your own
DescriptionEnjoy a leisurely stroll along the tree-lined streets to the foothills of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Acropolis of Athens, an ancient citadel and one of the world’s most revealing archaeological sites. Head for the south slope of the Acropolis to avoid the main crowds. Pick up your tickets and make your way inside to see the ancient treasures that await Visit the Theatre of Dionysus, a 5th-century amphitheater regarded as the birthplace of the performing arts. Hear about its history and imagine it filled with the theatergoers of Ancient Greece. Stop at the Dionysus Sanctuary, dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility. Once inside the Acropolis, get up close with important sights like the Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion, Temple of Athena Nike, and Parthenon. Learn the history of these fascinating ruins from your guide. Once at the summit of the sacred hill, take in the sweeping panoramas of Athens. Learn about the excavations, and get an insight into the citadel’s ruins. Hear about surrounding monuments, such as Mars Hill and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus. Your tour concludes at the summit of the Acropolis, leaving you free to continue exploring the site on your own. You can choose between an early morning, morning or afternoon guided tour.
IncludesSkip-the-line entry to the Acropolis Local, licensed guide Guided walking tour
- • A valid passport is required for all guests for verification of age and nationality at the sites
- The tours take place in rain or shine • When booking, please ensure that you select the appropriate option according to your nationality so that you receive the proper entry ticket
- Baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and there is no cloakroom at the side entrance we use to enter. For your own convenience, it is recommended to use a baby pouch instead of a baby stroller
- The Covid19 measures set by the Greek Government frequently change. It is advisable to check local restrictions applicable to indoor and outdoor activities
- During the off-season, tours operate with a minimum capacity. If the tour does not reach the minimum number of participants then you will get the following possibilities: a) move the reservation to another tour or another day b) run the tour as private with an agreed new fee c) cancel the tour and get a refund