My Guide Website?
Athens: 4-Day Self-Guided Tour of Mykonos and Santorini11 Reviews
Explore 2 of the most popular Greek islands of the Aegean Sea on a 4-day self-guided tour of Mykonos and Santorini. Swim from some of the best beaches in Greece, stroll streets of whitewashed houses, and experience the vibrant nightlife of Little Venice.
- Enjoy the cosmopolitan party vibe of Mykonos
- Relax on the black sand beaches of romantic Santorini
- Stroll around the amazing Little Venice of Mykonos Town
- Watch the sunset from Oia on Santorini
- Visit the active volcano of Santorini
- Discover the famous bars and clubs of Mykonos
- See the iconic windmills in the harbor of Alefkandra
- Take optional boat or island tours, or just laze in the Mediterranean sun
DescriptionRelax on a 4-day self-guided tour of Mykonos and Santorini from Athens, and experience 2 of the most famous islands of the Aegean. Discover the sugarcube houses and historic windmills of Mykonos, and marvel at the black sand beaches of Santorini, where the sunsets are among the most fabled of the Cyclades. The tour is unescorted, allowing you to explore at your own pace, with round-trip transfers, ferry crossings, and 3-star accommodation (upgrades available) as part of the package. Day 1: A driver will pick you up from your hotel in Athens for a comfortable transfer to Piraeus Port. Here, embark on a 5-hour boat trip to Mykonos Port. Upon arrival, transfer to your 3-star hotel accommodation, and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Explore the top attractions of the party island, seeing the windmills near the harbor of Alefkandra. Wander the whitewashed streets, where upscale boutiques and charming cafés await. Marvel at tiny churches, and relax on the beach. In the evening, the village of Mykonos comes alive to the sound of chilled out music in the Little Venice neighborhood, while beach parties are popular across the island. Day 2: Transfer to Mykonos Port and board the ferry for the scenic crossing to Santorini. Upon arrival at Santorini Port, transfer to your hotel accommodation, and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Santorini is the southernmost of the Cyclades islands and considered one of the most romantic islands in the world. Admire beautiful white churches with cobalt blue domes, and the pretty pink bougainvillea and colorful flower pots of the homes and gardens. Day 3: Enjoy a day at leisure on Santorini, soaking up the sun on the famous black sand beaches. Alternatively, take one of the optional island or boat tours to explore the volcanic caldera. A trip to Oia on the north west tip of the island is considered a must to watch the sunset, ranked among the most spectacular in the world. Day 4: Enjoy some last minute beach time in the morning, or visit the town of Fira to purchase souvenirs and gifts in the shops. Restaurants overlook the famous volcano when you want to grab some lunch. In the afternoon, you’ll be transferred to the port from your hotel for the picturesque sail back to Athens.
Includes3-star or 4-star hotel accommodation Breakfast Economy ferry tickets Port transfers in Athens and the islands
- Please note that you can choose to stay in either a 3-star or a 4-star hotel • This is a non-escorted tour. You will have free time to discover the islands at your own leisure
- The duration from Athens to Mykonos is approximately 5 hours, from Mykonos to Santorini is approximately 2 hours and from Santorini to Athens is approximately 8 hours
- The hotel in Mykonos will be located close to Mykonos town or elsewhere on the island and in Santorini usually in Kamari or Perissa, depending on availability
- Please note that as of January 1 2018, a hotel accommodation tax will be applied. The tax will be paid directly to the hotel and the cost is as follows: 5 star hotels - €4 per room/per night, 4 star hotels - €3 per room/per night, 3 star hotels - €1.50 per room/per night
- When booking, please provide your nationality and date of birth. This information is required for the issuance of the ferry tickets