Athens: Acropolis, Old Town, Plaka, & Monastiraki Tour38 Reviews
A wonderful walk through the unknown alleys and the secret corners of Plaka and Anafiotika followed by a thorough visit to the Acropolis and all its monuments!
- Learn more about the Parthenon, Erechtheion, Nike Temple and Sanctuary of Dionysus
- Get off the usual tourist trail and explore the old buildings of Anafiotika
- Visit the flea market on Monastiraki Square
DescriptionStart your tour at the lively Flea Market of Monastiraki square and discover iconic landmarks as you make your way for a guided walk through the alleys of the historic Plaka and Anafiotika districts to discover hidden corners with the help of your guide. Explore more than 3,000 years of history and Greek mythology, and learn more about the city's modern-day culture. Take a closer look at significant details on historical buildings, including beautiful old chapels and numerous other monuments. In the most unique part of the city, Plaka and Anafiotika, stroll around the little alleys and admire the white washed cubic houses with bright painted shutters and beautifully carved wooden doors, a typical Cycladic architecture. Find hidden gems of unspoiled beauty and magnificent views and learn secrets unknown even to many Athenians. Encounter unspoiled beauty and get magnificent views from unexpected places as you make your way to the Acropolis. Entering on the south, less crowded, slope of the Acropolis your guide will help you discover monuments including the Sanctuary of Dionysus and Theatre of Dionysus Eleuthereus before walking up the slope to get panoramic city views. Get an insight into the significance of the historic monuments including the Parthenon, Erechtheion, Propylaia and Nike Temple.'
IncludesLocal, licensed guide Skip-the-line entry to the Acropolis Athens guide and map Entry fees Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and beverages Optional gratuities (usually 10%)
- The tour will take place in all weather conditions. Bring sunscreen and a hat and wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Entrance fees are not included and must be paid on site. The cost is about €20 per person. Your guide will purchase the skip-the-line entry tickets in advance to save you time
- Those under 18 years old get free entry to the Acropolis and all archaeological sites on presentation of valid ID. Students and teenagers get a reduced price with valid ID or student card
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability