My Guide Website?
Athens: Full-Day Meteora Trip by Train in English or Spanish935 Reviews
Take a train ride through from Athens, join a Meteora minibus tour from Kalabaka with a local guide, and learn about the local history. Go inside 2 or 3 majestic monasteries and see the Hermit Caves.
- Enjoy a panoramic tour of Meteora from Atehns with a local guide
- Visit the Hermit Caves of Badovas and see all 6 monasteries of Meteora
- Go inside 2 or 3 of the monasteries and catch a glimpse of monk's life
- Skip the line at the train station with your ticket sent directly to your e-mail
- Benefit from convenient pickup and drop-off at Kalabaka Train Station
DescriptionTake a day trip from Athens to Meteora with a guide, with round-trip train tickets to Kalambaka and onward transportation included. Get a panoramic view of all 6 holy monasteries and enter 3 of the most popular ones. While exploring the region’s hidden gems, visit the hermit caves of Badovas. Redeem your e-ticket for the early morning departure from Athens at and travel to Kalambaka using the train tickets sent to you in advance. Sit back and admire the beautiful landscapes along the way. The train ride takes about 4 hours and it is recommended that you bring your own food and drinks. Upon arrival in Kalambaka, meet your guide at the train station and start your customized Meteora tour. See all 6 monasteries of the stunning rock formation over 5 hours. Look inside 3 of the UNESCO World Heritage monuments for a glimpse behind their imposing walls. Stop taking photos of locations that only the locals know about. Have the chance after the tour for a nice walk in the city of Kalabaka and be prepared for the departure of the train. Be dropped off at Kalambaka Train Station to make the late afternoon departure for Athens.
IncludesLocal tour guide Round-trip train tickets from Athens to Kalambaka Pick up and drop-off at Kalambaka train station Tour of Meteora with photo stops Panoramic view of all 6 monasteries Visit to 2 or 3 most popular monasteries Visit to secret Hermit Caves and Badovas Map of Meteora Transportation by minibus with Wi-Fi
- The local train company only issues 20 first-class tickets daily. If you book first-class train tickets and availability is restricted, you will be refunded the price difference and provided with second-class train tickets
- Please dress modestly to visit the monasteries. Women must wear long skirts (no pants or rousers) and have their shoulders covered. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Your tour guide will pick you up and drop you off at Kalambaka Train Station even if the train is delayed
- Your train e-tickets will be sent to you by email 2-3 days before your trip (please check your spam email folder too)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€123.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today