My Guide Website?
Athens: Full-Day Meteora Trip by Train in English or Spanish864 Reviews
See all 6 monasteries of Meteora on a guided panoramic tour with a local guide. Go inside 3 monasteries, an experience exclusive to this tour, see the Hermit Caves and learn the area's rich history.
- Enjoy a panoramic tour in English or Spanish by a local guide
- Visit the Hermit Caves of Badovas and see all 6 monasteries of Meteora
- Get a glimpse at life inside 3 of the monasteries with entry exclusive to this t
- Skip the line at the train station with your ticket sent directly to your e-mail
- Benefit from convenient pickup and drop-off at Kalambaka Train Station
DescriptionTake a day trip from Athens to Meteora with a guide, with round-trip train tickets to Kalambaka and onward transportation included. Get a panoramic view of all 6 holy monasteries and enter 3 of the most popular ones. While exploring the region’s hidden gems, visit the hermit caves of Badovas. Redeem your e-ticket for the early morning departure from Athens at and travel to Kalambaka using the train tickets sent to you in advance. Sit back and admire the beautiful landscapes along the way. The train ride takes about 4 hours and it is recommended that you bring your own food and drinks. Upon arrival in Kalambaka, meet your guide at the train station and start your customized Meteora tour. See all 6 monasteries of the stunning rock formation over 5 hours. Look inside 3 of the UNESCO World Heritage monuments for a glimpse behind their imposing walls. Stop taking photos of locations that only the locals know about. Have the chance after the tour for a nice walk in the city of Kalabaka and be prepared for the departure of the train. Be dropped off at Kalambaka Train Station to make the late afternoon departure for Athens.
IncludesLocal Tour guide Round-trip train tickets from Athens to Kalambaka Pick up and drop-off at Kalambaka train station 5-hour tour of Meteora Panoramic view of all 6 monasteries Visit the 3 most popular monasteries Visit the secret Hermit Caves and Badovas Map of Meteora Transportation by luxury minibus with Wi-Fi
- The local train company only issues 20 first-class tickets for the journey. If you select first-class train tickets when booking, and availability is restricted, you will be refunded the first-class ticket price, with second-class train tickets provided instead
- Please note that to go inside the monasteries you must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts (no pants/trousers) and have their shoulders covered. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Your guide will pick you up and drop you off at Kalambaka Train Station even if the train is delayed
- Your train tickets are e-tickets and will be sent by email 2-3 days before your trip or immediately if it is a last-minute booking
- Please be at the station 30 minutes before the train departure to find the train, your seat, or the steward of the train company to assist you