My Guide Website?
Athens: The Acropolis Guided Walking Tour41 Reviews
Any trip to Athens is incomplete without visiting the Acropolis hill. Enjoy the exploration of the Acropolis’ ruins, accompanied by centuries-old tales and legends. Walk through history and experience the greatness of the legendary monuments and temples.
- Marvel at the Parthenon, the Erechteion, the Propylaea, and the Nike Temple
- Experience the theatre of Dionysus and see the Odeon of Herodus Atticus
- See the Asklepieion: one of the first hospitals in ancient Greece and enjoy a 360° view of Athens
DescriptionThis Acropolis tour starts at the side entrance of the hill and first takes you to the theater of Dionysos. Experience the theater of Dionysos, as you grab a spot on one of the ancient seats. Discover the birthplace of ancient Greek theater and continue your way up along the southern and sunny side of the Acropolis hill, passing by the remains of the first hospital in Athens, and the Odeion of Herodus Atticus. Marvel at the Propylaea, as you pass through this monumental entrance gate before you reach the top of the Acropolis. Here, you will take in views of the three temples: the Parthenon, the Erechteion, and the Nike Temple. Discover the tricks the architects used to build the monument and hear the myths that surround them. The Acropolis tour ends on top of the hill, where you can enjoy a 360° view of Athens.
IncludesRegular entry ticket Skip-the-line entry Guided walking tour with a licensed guide Free time to explore the archaeological site after the tour Administration fees for ticket pre-booking
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility and there is no elevator
- Please wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk uphill on uneven surfaces; on occasion, the terrain might be slippery
- For kids younger than 6 years-old, you must go to the ticket booth to get a special printed ticket; these are not skip-the-line tickets