Elefsina: Private Half-Day Eleusinian Mysteries Excursion
Enjoy a half-day private excursion to Elefsina, the 2021 European Capital of Culture. Discover the Eleusinian Mysteries and explore the archaeological sites of Elefsina, world famous also as the birthplace of Aeschylus.
- Enjoy a private tour with a state licensed guide
- Get insider knowledge, anecdotes, and history about the Eleusinian Mysteries
- Learn about the legend of goddess Demetra
DescriptionGet picked up from your hotel in Athens and set off northwest to Elefsina for a private excursion. Explore the archeological site of Eleusina and learn about its ancient history. Elefsina is world famous for the Eleusinian Mysteries and also as the birthplace of Aeschylus, one of the three great tragedists of antiquity. At the archeological site, admire the Roman courtyard where the temple of Artemis Propylaea is located, the remains of a fountain, and two triumphal arches. Continue the tour with a visit to the precincts of the sanctuary of Greater Propylaea, next to which is the preserved Kallichoro Frear. Then you will reach the main temple of Demetra, the Telesterion. End the day with drop-off back in Athens.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (vehicle) Transport by luxury private vehicle (not a taxi) Private services of a state-licensed guide for the entire excursion Private services of a specialized, local driver Refreshments and snack basket in vehicle Two-hour private guided tour of Elefsina All taxes Meals Personal expenses Entrance fees to archaeological sites
- This is a private tour so it is possible to customize it to meet your desires or needs
- Please provide all customer names and dates of birth at time of booking
- This is a walking tour, we recommend guests wear comfortable walking shoes
- Don’t forget to bring a bottle of water and lots of energy!
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability