My Guide Website?
From Athens: Full-Day Bus Trip to Delphi & Arachova31 Reviews
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Delphi, and visit famous the Oracle. Admire the breathtaking mountainous scenery of Parnassus. Choose from either a shared or private guided experience.
- Explore the center of the ancient Greek world
- See where the Oracle of Delphi once delivered prophecy while in a divine trance
- Visit the Temple of Apollo & Athena Pronaia Sanctuary (Tholos)
- Explore Delphi’s Archaeological Museum and see treasures like the Charioteer
- Visit the Greek traditional village of Arachova
DescriptionMeet your guide at the Halandri Metro Station and journey to Delphi via bus. As you drive towards Delphi, you’ll see the sacred site emerge from two terraced rocks known as Fedriades. Discover what the ancient Greeks called “the navel of the earth.” Visit the Oracle of Delphi, the holiest site in ancient Greece. For centuries, great figures of ancient history such as Alexander the Great and Cicero sought out the high priestess of Delphi’s divine prophecy. The Oracle would sit upon a tripod above a massive chasm. As she burned barley meal and laurel she would enter a divine trance and then serve as a medium to the god Apollo. Drink water from the sacred Castalia spring. Explore the archaeological museum of Delphi, and see artifacts from the Archaic through the Roman era, including the Sphinx of the Naxians, the Iniohos, and the statue of Antinoos. Afterward, enjoy a delicious homemade lunch at a nearby restaurant. Before returning to Athens, see the picturesque village of Arachova nestled in the foothills of Mt. Parnassus.
IncludesRound-trip transportation to and from Athens Transfer in a new luxury air-conditioned bus English-speaking archaeologist trip attendant Free WiFi on the bus Basic travel insurance Entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum of Delphi (12€) Guided tour inside Delphi archaeological site Lunch at the restaurant Personal expenses
- The meeting point is the Halandri Metro Station which can be reached by the Blue Metro Line from downtown Athens
- Students of the European Union and children under 18 years old go free of charge to the archaeological site and museum
- Students of higher education outside the European Union and citizens of the European Union over 65 years old and get 50% off the entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum
- From November to March the entrance fee to the archaeological site and museum is €6
- It is recommended to bring sunglasses and a hat in summer
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now