From Athens: Full Day Private Sailing Trip to Aegina Island
Are you looking for a refreshing getaway from the city? Board a daily sailing adventure just outside Athens! Discover Aegina island, enjoy swimming & snorkeling in the clear Mediterranean waters and taste delicious snacks on board!
- Enjoy a fantastic sailing adventure on a daily escape from the city
- Discover Aegina island, modern Greece’s first capital in 1827
- Taste the world renowned pistachios at Aegina island
- Swim & snorkel in the blue crystal clear waters of the Saronic gulf
- Visit the archaeological museum of Aegina, the first museum to be established in Greece!
DescriptionYou will meet the tour crew at the designated meeting point at about 8:30am (usually Alimos marina), and after a short safety briefing upon boarding you will set sail to Aegina Island, famous for its pistachios. On the way there, you'll make a stop to enjoy swimming & snorkeling in the turquoise crystal clear waters. Thecrew will prepare delicious local delicacies, while you swim. Early in the afternoon, you will reach the port of Aegina, where you will be free to visit Aegina town center. Walk through its alleys with their charming shops, or even walk alongside the picturesque port, admire the beautiful neoclassical buildings and enjoy a cup of iced coffee. If you are a history aficionado, it is also recommended that you visit the Temple of Apollo at the archaeological site of Kolona, which is walking distance from the port. Once there, do not miss the chance to visit the Archaeological Museum, the first ever built in Greece (in 1829). Then, return back to the boat and sail back to Athens (approx. 3.5 hours sailing), reaching the port during the evening. Don't forget to buy some fresh fruit and vegetables from the floating groceries (traditional boats in the port selling fruits & vegetables), which you can enjoy on board. And of course, fresh raw plain or roasted local pistachios!
IncludesChartered sailing boat with experienced skipper Lunch on board, including wine/beer/refreshments Snorkeling equipment Port taxes and petrol cost Boat cleaning fee VAT and all applicable taxes Travel insurance Any meals not included in the tour details Entrance fees to the archaeological site of Kolona (3€/person) Transfer to the temple of Afaia Personal expenses
- At the time of booking please provide your passport/id number and the full names of all participants
- Please also provide any dietary restrictions or medical issues
- You will need to bring your passport/ID for the tour
- You will be notified by email about the exact meeting point at the marina pier (check your spam folder)
- This trip is family-friendly and suitable for all ages
- The itinerary may change a little, depending on the weather conditions
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability