My Guide Website?
From Athens: Full-Day Rail Tour to Meteora126 Reviews
Don't miss the opportunity during your stay in Athens to visit the breathtaking Meteora monasteries with this amazing full-day rail tour. Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
- Visit the hermit caves and the astonishing Meteora monasteries
- Admire the beauty of the countryside
- Enjoy a 5 hour tour with the locals
DescriptionCatch the train to Kalambaka in the morning from the Athens railway station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arrive in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the Meteora monasteries. Your driver will be waiting for you holding a sign with your name, and you will board a 19-seater VIP Mercedes minibus that will transfer you to the Meteora monasteries (Meteora is included on the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites). For 5 hours, you will have the time to explore three monasteries. Visit the thousand years old hermitages of Bandovas, learn the stories and the legends, and enjoy great views from the most panoramic spots. At the end of the day, your driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to stroll around and have a light lunch (not included). At 5:15 PM, the train will depart from Kalambaka and arrive back at 9:25 PM to Athens.
IncludesEnglish- or Spanish-speaking tour leader 5-hour tour of Meteora Visit a UNESCO World Heritage site Free map Bottle of water Free Wi-Fi on-board the bus Roundtrip train tickets from Athens to Kalambaka Gratuities (optional) Entrance fees to the monasteries (3 EUR per person for each monastery) Transfer to the Athens railway station State licensed guide Personal travel insurance
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- You will board the train from Athens on your own, using the tickets sent to you via email.
- Your guide will meet you at Kalambaka train station after your train arrives
- You will be sent the train tickets via email approximately one month before your trip date
- Please be at the station at least 30 minutes before the departure in order to have plenty of time to find your coach and seats. The stewards there will assist you.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now