My Guide Website?
From Athens: Meteora Day Trip by Train with Hotel Pickup267 Reviews
Enjoy views of the Greek countryside, visit 3 monasteries, and explore the hermit caves of Badovas. Stop at the small town of Kalambaka.
- Travel from Athens to the UNESCO-listed Meteora monasteries
- Visit 3 amazing clifftop monasteries and the hermit caves of Badovas
- Admire the breathtaking views from the 'Panorama Rock'
- Explore the charming town of Kalambaka
- Benefit from complimentary pick-up to the Athens Train Station
DescriptionExplore the UNESCO-listed Meteora monasteries on a full-day guided trip from Athens. Take the train to Kalambaka and ascend to the clifftop to admire the monasteries and hermit caves of Badovas. Enjoy your morning wake-up, avoiding any stress regarding your transfer to the rail station with our free-of-charge pick-up service. Arrive at the Athens railway station and catch the train for Kalambaka. Admire the beauty of the countryside along the way before arriving in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of rocky grey cliffs crowned by the monasteries of Meteora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Spot your driver upon arrival in Kalambaka, holding a signboard with your name on it. Be shown to the vehicle that’ll take you to the monasteries, where you'll have time to visit 3 of them, as well as the hermit caves of Badovas. At the end of the day, be transferred back to Kalambaka. Enjoy some time to explore the town and enjoy a light lunch (not included in the tour price). Afterward, the train departs Kalambaka, arriving in Athens in the evening.
IncludesRound-trip train tickets Pickup service from centrally located Athens spots Transportation by luxury air-conditioned bus with WiFi Guide Panoramic views of the monasteries Free map Bottle of water
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women