Original Gourmet Food Tour of Athens214 Reviews
Discover Athens through its food culture and taste superb Greek pastries, wine, cheese and salamis. Enjoy an authentic Greek breakfast, visit traditional food stores and try mouth-watering Greek desserts.
- Explore the rich and healthy Greek cusine on a guided culinary tour of Athens
- Enjoy the famous souvlaki pita with chicken or pork gyros
- Purchase locally produced cheeses and meats at the market
- Discover a hole-in-the-wall restaurant where your food will be turned into a delicious tapas lunch
- Sample emerald green olive oils and aromatic vinegars
- Try some home-grown and roasted coffee
- Purchase souvenir deli produce to take home
DescriptionExplore the food markets of Athens on a 4-hour walking tour and taste some of the delicious treats on offer. Visit local stores selling the 'Green Treasures' of Greece, such as olive oil, wines, mushrooms, herbs and traditionally made pastas and salamis. Start with a traditional Greek breakfast of koulóuria (sesame bread rings) in a century-old café, and then make your way to a tiny pastry shop to sample loukoumades (Greek donuts) and custard-filled filo squares. Enjoy local pies and cheeses at authentic Greek bakeries and cheese stores. Next, wander through the meat and fish market, the living monument markets of the city. Try some home-grown and roasted coffee, and visit specialty shops to purchase fresh fruit, olives, cheese, ham and other deli produce. Enjoy some local wine, organic produce olive oil and honey, seven years old aromatized vinegars and the world famous Greek yoghurt produced at family farms, at a small shop that sells awesome gifts for your friends back home. Wander down Evripidou Street, scented by herbs. Try organic olive oils at a small shop that sells awesome gifts for your friends back home. Then end your culinary exploration at the deli stores of the historic city center where your guide will make you complimentary gifts to take back home.
IncludesGuide Market visit Wine tasting Coffee Olive oil tasting Salami, ham, and cheese tasting Greek desserts Traditional pies Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Please advise of any allergies to specific foods
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability