Acropolis Skip-the-Line Ticket & Welcome Walk in Plaka
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Save time with a pre-booked entry ticket to the Acropolis, as you don't need to wait at the ticket line
- Meet your local, English-speaking host at the Monastiraki Square
- Walk with your local host through the Plaka district, to the less crowded entrance of the Acropolis
- Get orientation support and useful tips about the city of Athens
- Enter the Acropolis on your own and marvel at the remains of temples and monuments from ancient Greece
DescriptionJourney back to the days of Ancient Greece and discover the historic Acropolis in Athens. Get a welcome from an English-speaking local at Monastiraki Metro Station, and then walk through Plaka and the old town. Get some general information about the city and take souvenir photos in the most picturesque neighborhoods. Then, receive your entry ticket for the Acropolis and a bottle of water to keep you hydrated as your local host escorts you to the nearest and less crowded entrance. Then, explore the ancient citadel at your own pace and discover the ancient buildings of great architectural and historic significance, including the iconic Parthenon at the top of the hill, from where the views of the city are simply stunning. Go to the Propylaia, from where entrance to the Acropolis was controlled. See the ruins of the Erechtheion, dedicated to the gods Athena and Poseidon. Admire the imposing remains of the earliest fully Ionic temple on the Acropolis at the Temple of Athena Nike and more.
IncludesEntrance ticket to the Acropolis of Athens and the Theater of Dionysus Welcome walk with information and orientation by an English-speaking local A bottle of water A printed city map Guided tour of the Acropolis or any monument (available for an additional fee) Personal expenses Tips and gratuities (optional)
- The booking voucher can be used only at the meeting point of the walk, in exchange for the actual Acropolis tickets
- If you book a reduced price ticket, you must bring your ID/ passport otherwise you will not be permitted to enter the Acropolis
- Your entrance ticket will let you skip the ticket line
- This is not a guided tour of the Acropolis or any other monument
- The local host will not enter any archaeological site that requires a licensed tour guide but will accompany you all the way to the entrance of the Acropolis
- The duration of the walk is approximately 25 minutes
- Please bring sunscreen and a hat during summer, and wear shoes suitable for walking uphill
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Mythology Themed Private Tour for Families
Embark on a fascinating walking tour suitable for all members of the family. Discover the mythical side of Athens, through the landmarks of the city that have been inspirFrom €180.00
Private Corinth Canal and Mycenae Tour
Admire The Corinth Canal, an engineering marvel that connects the Aegean with the Ionian Sea. You will then explore the ruins of Ancient Mycenae, home of the mythical AgaFrom €310.00
Athens Airport to Athens Hotels, Shuttle Bus Service
Enjoy a worry-free, affordable shuttle bus service from Athens International Airport to centrally located hotels in Athens city. A regular service runs throughout the day312 ReviewsFrom €20.00
Acropolis & Museum Guided Tour without Tickets
Skip the long lines to the Athens Acropolis and explore the fascinating world of Ancient Greece on a 3-hour walking tour that includes a visit to the New Acropolis Museum69 ReviewsFrom €49.00
Highlights of Athens Private Guided Full-Day Tour
Let history unfold before your eyes on this full-day tour of the city’s most famous monuments. Enjoy guided tours of the Acropolis, Acropolis Museum and Ancient Agora aFrom €500.00
5-Course Dinner with Panoramic City Views
Spend your night with an extraordinary culinary experience in the center of Athens. Sit at a table 50 meters up in the air, with an experienced chef who will serve you aFrom €135.00