Athens & Cape Sounion Private Full-Day Tour
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the world-famous Acropolis in Athens
- See the Temple of Zeus
- Tour the lively Plaka neighborhood
- Go to the site of the first modern Olympic Games
- Drive by Vouliagmeni Lake
- Gaze out at the Aegean from the Temple of Poseidon
DescriptionThis full-day tour combines the best of Athens with a stunning scenic drive to Cape Sounion. You will travel through some of the city’s most beautiful outer neighborhoods on the way to the cape, site of the miraculous Temple of Poseidon. Following a hotel pick-up, visit the Panathinaikos Stadium, home to the first modern Olympic Games in 1896, and the only stadium to be built from marble. View the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus, and go past the parliament buildings to see the changing of the colorful Evzones guards in their traditional amber uniforms. Continue to the Acropolis, overlooking Athens from its lofty hill. Discover the history of the Pantheon temple, built in the 5th Century BC to honor the goddess Athena. Experience breathtaking views from the Acropolis, and explore the Agora and Keramikos. Tour the lively Plaka area at the foot of the Acropolis, and see the Monastiraki flea market. Having enjoyed a morning full of beauty and history, relax and enjoy a delicious Greek lunch in one of the many neighborhood restaurants. After lunch (optional), continue your tour by driving along the beautiful coastal road of Poseidonos Av. One of the most enchanting coastlines in Greece, you will pass through beautiful suburbs, such as Glyfada, Voula, and Varkiza. Make a short stop to see the Vouliagmeni Lake, famous for its healing water. Once at Cape Sounion, visit the Temple of Poseidon on its proud and strategic point overlooking the crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea. Enjoy one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in Greece before your return to Athens.
IncludesEnglish-speaking driver Pick-up and drop-off to/from port or hotel Cold water Wi-Fi Entrance fees Lunch Licensed Guide
- Please note that the Acropolis Museum opens from 08:00-20:00 and tickets cost EUR 5
- The Acropolis opens from 08:00-19:00 in the summer, and from 08:30-15:00 during the winter season (01 November to 31 March)
- Acropolis multi-ticket costs EUR 12 and include the Temple of Zeus, Ancient Agora, Roman Forum, Kerameikos, and Theatre of Dionysos.
- All sites and museums are closed on 01 January, 25 March, 01 May, 28 October, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day
- Sites open from 12:00-15:00 on Good Friday; from 08:30-15:00 on Holy Saturday; closed Easter Sunday; open from 08:30-15:00 on Easter Monday
- During the summer, please wear light clothes, athletic shoes, and avoid dark colors. Please be aware that the Acropolis is very slippery
- You can purchase tax free items during your shopping trip
- The order of visits may change due to unforeseen circumstances
- Please be advised that the driver cannot escort you inside the sites
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Street Art Private Tour
Experience an alternative walk into the heart and soul of the city and discover the flourishing street art scene and the many stories these famous walls have to tell.From €160.00
Plaka: Traditional Dinner with Greek Dance Show
Enjoy beautiful Athens by night with a delicious traditional Greek dinner followed by a show with live music and Greek folk dancing.6 ReviewsFrom €66.00
Cheese and Wine Lovers
Enjoy a cheese and wine tasting workshop with a wine expert. Taste a selection of excellent Greek wines and cheeses in a wonderful place and learn about Greek delicacies.From €42.00
From Temple of Poseidon and Swimming Day Trip
Enjoy Cape Sounion and the astonishing Temple of Poseidon. Taste Greek cuisine by the seaside, and stay cool with a swim in the crystal clear waters. Discover the beatingFrom €52.00
Greek Life and Street Art Electric Bicycle Tour
Travel through back streets and local markets and discover the other side of Athens. Enjoy a great tour and explore the architecture and street art of the streets of AtheFrom €45.00
- Best Seller
Full Day Tour & Sailing to Agistri, Moni & Aegina
Enjoy a fantastic day out at sea on a beautiful wooden sailing boat, all along the mesmerizing Saronic Sea and its islands of Agistri, Moni and Aegina.63 ReviewsFrom €140.33