Athens Private Acropolis and Other Ancient Sites Tour
Are you a business owner in Athens?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Athens.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore the ancient city of Athens while guided by your expert driver
- Choose which sites you see and tailor this private tour to suit you
- Visit the Acroplois and the ancient remains of several buildings, tombs, and theaters
- Discover many fascinating sites including the Parthenon, the Theater of Dionysus, Hadrian's Arch, and Constitution Square
- Visit the new Acropolis Museum and view all the exhibits and excavations from a glass gallery as was never possible before
DescriptionTake a 6 hour tour of all the must-see sights of Athens. If you are visiting Athens for the first time or just want to know, this tour provides an excellent introduction to one of the greatest cities of the ancient world. Your first stop is the Acropolis, for a visit to the symbol of the glory of ancient Greece. Climb the smooth marble steps on the Sacred Way, as visitors have for centuries. At any time, you can stop the car in order to take pictures, have a drink, extend your visit time to a site, shop, or anything else that you need. All tours are private, so you can change the schedule as you like. Along the way you will see many fascinating, ancient monuments that have amazed all who visit. You will visit the Parthenon, the largest building on the Acropolis and one of the world's most awe-inspiring man-made sites. Built by Pericles to honor the virgin goddess Athena, the Parthenon has been the model for thousands of buildings throughout the world. You will see the Theater of Dionysus, the oldest Greek theater built in the 5th Century, and then on to Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus, once one of the largest temples in ancient Greece, that took almost 7 centuries to complete. Then take the chance to visit the new Acropolis Museum: Opened in 2009 after 30 years of planning, you will view all exhibits in natural light from a glass gallery. You will visit all this and much, much more as you explore no less than 9 fascinating sites on this 6-hour tour.
IncludesHotel, or port pick-up and drop-off English speaking taxi driver Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned Mercedes Benz taxi Map of Athens All Tours are ''Private'' and you can change the schedule as you like Cold water Tour guide (the driver cannot enter the sites with you) Entrance Fees for the archeological sites Lunch and drinks
- The Acropolis is open: In Winter: From Nov 1st to March 31st: 08:30-15:00 - In Summer: 08.00-19.00 Acropolis entrance ticket : 12 euros per person* The Acropolis ticket can be used for a few days (7-8 days) after its purchase for more archaeological sites, which are quotted on the Acropolis ticket itself (Roman Market, Ancient Agora, Temple of Zeus, Kerameikos, Dionysos sanctuary). You can buy this ticket at any of the five archaeological places you visit first and use it for the Acropolis too. Closed on Holidays: Jan 1st, March 25th, May 1st,Oct 28th, Christmas and Boxing Day. Good Friday: open from 12noon to 3pm. Holy Saturday: 08.30-3pm Easter Sunday: closed Easter Monday: 08.30-3pm The New Acropolis Museum is closed on Mondays 5 euros per person* Please wear athletic shoes to avoid slipping . The order of visits on the tour may change due to circumstances beyond our control. (Bad weather conditions, demonstrations, road closers...). . Drivers cannot enter sites with you
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Archeological Museum and Panoramic Private Tour in Athens
Visit one of the greatest museums in the world and enjoy a unique panoramic sightseing tour.From €400.00
Best of Athens Segway Tour
Athens is brimming with incredible sights to see – and when you don’t have much time, they can seem like too many! Now, with our Best of Athens Segway Tour, you don’t have to miss out with this combination of our two most popular tours.4 Reviews
Private 2-Day Tour to Delphi & Meteora from Athens
Enjoy a 2-day trip from Athens that takes you to the archeological site at Delphi and to Meteora, home to centuries-old monasteries perched atop monolithic pillars. You’ll also visit Thermopylae, where King Leonidas fought for the freedom of Greece.
Mythical Rivers & Hills of Athens 3-Hour Walking Tour
On this guided walk you’ll come across ancient sanctuaries dedicated to mysterious gods, and Christian churches that replaced old temples, caves, and Roman baths. You’ll hear urban myths, see the remains of ancient neighborhoods, and visit sacred hills.
Minivan Transfer between Athens Airport & Piraeus Port
Enjoy a private transfer between Piraeus Port and Athens International Airport with your experienced driver.2 ReviewsFrom €107.00
From Mycenae & Nafplio Small Group Day Trip & Lunch
Visit ancient Mycenae and Nafplio, the castle-crowned harbor town that served as Greece’s first capital, in a small group with a luxury vehicle. Walk through history &From €130.00
Athens, Acropolis & Museum Tour without Tickets
Experience the most important attractions in Athens on a tour of the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. In addition, your guide will take you on a sightseeing tour of th220 ReviewsFrom €59.00
Diomidous Botanical GardenAttiki, Athens
A safe haven of lush greenery in the middle of the busy and bustling city of Athens................
Delphi Private Full-Day Tour from Athens
Enjoy a private 8-hour tour of Delphi from Athens and visit some of the city's most spectacular sights, including the Temple of Apollo, the ancient theatre of Delphi, the1 ReviewsFrom €500.00
Walking Athens with a Local
Explore the major sites of Athens by foot. Get your fill on the ancient history of the Greek capital, the best places to shop, and contemporary life. See the Acropolis, t1 ReviewsFrom €61.00